Best way to invest 1000 USD in promoting

Hi!

I’m creating an science education app for iOS and Android, and I really have faith in it. I am able and I want to invest some money in it, so it gets to people, but I don’t know what is the best way to invest them.

Simple ads on facebook would be enough for some casual game, but not for paid education app.

Do you think it’s best to hire some agency, that does everything in promoting for this money? Or just do it yourself?

Thank you for your time

It all comes down to asking yourself some questions and anwering as honestly as you can.

Do you want to learn how to do marketing and keep doing it or would rather have someone else take this part of the job?

Would you rather have someone do for you what you want them to do, or would you rather just ship your game and forget about whats going on?

Will you be reinwesting money you earn on this app into marketing?

If you want to do it yourself - how much work do you want to put into it? Just buy, optimize or work really really hard and a lot on marketing?

At least 10% you should pay for increase ratings by buying them in some services

Come on man, really, we both well know that buying reviews or even review exchanges drive down your apps visibility. The only way reviews or ratings help is if they are organically generated! Stop dispensing bad advice!

Yea only real reviews count, and don’t get incent downloads.

There are many methods you can try while you will find the best ones for you to promote your app. You can compare the campaign results after a period of time.

Free ones

Exchange installs & reviews

There are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

Social media networks

Having a Facebook Page for your app is a must-have where you can ask them how they like your app designs and features and any get feedbacks. Also, you can share any news about your app, etc. However, remember not to make your posts only about your app, though. That is boring. It’s like talking to someone at a party who only talks about themselves.

Paid ones

Buy app rating & reviews

One app can get reviews, it must get installs firstly. Reviews provider like BestReviewApp will guide real users to install app, play and reviews it with ratings. This method will rank app top in a short period. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

Paid advertisements

Run advertisements on some Android forums, Google ads or social media, it is one common method for publishers to promote app. But you know, there are many people browsing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. There are less targeted audience for your app.

Generate installs

Higher ranking is extremely helpful for app visibility. App can get installs from users directly via download link. Or drive install via keyword search. The former method is straight forward install amounts singly. While latter one aims at helping app ranking in App Store search results. Keyword optimization also will guide real users to install the app via targeted keywords relevant to your app.

Use Google app install ads …

@NokiaDev , we invested about $350 in such a campaign and the results from google were highly disappointing, i even spoke to representative, here is the issue, you pay for install , but google actually does not guarantee install but “encourages people to install app” which is absurd, so we get charged for clicks, and you know what was our cost, it was an staggering $3(per install) for 3-4 installs, rest money was exhausted on clicks yes rest $330 odd, so we highly recommend other networks …

rajiv

yea it depands on the conversion rate because you pay per click and not install, for me if I have few downloads I use appbrain and when I have many downloads with higher conversion rate then the google ads really worth it.

I think you did not set the campaign right…i got soo much better results…i have used 75$ for my campaign and the results are below…

Results are in Indian Currency
Impressions - 31k
Clicks - 1.98k
CTR - 6.48%
CPC - 2.20
Cost - 4.35k Indian rupee which is nearly 63$
Installs - 753
Const per Conversion - 5.78 rupees which is .08$

https://postimg.org/image/8qx5ao087/

https://postimg.org/image/g22m0lp35/

@NokiaDev- the thing is you are an expert who knows best settings, but don’t you think it should be the responsibility of company to provide best results for users, rather to say your setting was not right so we ate all your money, i now firmly believe that investing in companies that assure you installs is better then investing in google…

On a side note it is exactly because of this that google is making some major changes but it will be atleast few years before they get things right , when i asked the same question to adwords representative , they said they are working to make things better and are sorry for this, well sorry does not return our money …

So for some time google is off our advertisers list …

Regards
Rajiv

Don’t look Google as foe my friend…The campaign I used is set from Developer console… there you have more options…please check and you can find it easily…If you use Google app install ads you have better ASO than other apps not using AdWords…Google likes people who feed money to their wallet…next time give them a try from Developer console and you won’t regret it…

I am for using google, they generate very good downloads and cheap ones as well.

@NokiaDev @androidDeveloper thanks - here is our performance so far - spent.png, 11 conversions for almost $550 well thats really bad…

also one thing has come to light … we got a nice ad for our upcoming app developed , it was in flash and now as we prepare to launch the app , we come to know google will not allow any ad made in flash to be uploaded after 30 june …Well that just great change whatever you want when ever you want …

Just asking will they allow apps made in flash using AS3, as one of our future apps will be in adobe flash CS …

Regards
Rajiv

Is it in Indian rupee ? (0.015$)??

@androidDeveloper - 180 is more like $3

Regards

ok when it’s higher than 0.2$ try to reduce the target cpi or simply use appbrain since its minimum 0.2$ .