In praise of Facebook

Someone posted a link to one of my reviews on their facebook page - this one action increased visitors to my website by 10x for about 2 days. I’m not a keen fan of facebook, but I can’t deny it’s power at times…so, if anyone else feels like posting links, go ahead - all traffic is good traffic!

We tried the “Boost Post” feature of Facebook last week, which was an absolute failure. We tried our luck with 20$, trying to target the “ad campaign” as much as possible. For 20$ we got 16 clicks, which is 1,25$ per post engagement.

Funny thing was that at the same time someone else, that was not targeted by our ad campaign, shared the post and the traffic we got was pretty good. And it was totally free.

FB indeed has potential, but I wouldn’t recommend any paid ads.

true, Facebook paid ads just not worth.

Yeah that sucks if you paid $20 you should be sitting on 100-150 installs thats nut you only got 16 clicks. Imagine if you spent a couple of hundred , you would have been pissed.

That’s how virality works and that’s how big companies make their bucks back. It is of no use if the campaign is of a small budget