CPIMobi Scam Alert

I posted this in their sales thread, but I think this deserves a warning for all Users who want to try them. I found this forum a few days ago, and learned about CPIMobi through some posts here.

Buying installs from these guys WILL hurt your ASO rankings. I’m not sure if they help to rank for certain categories since I didn’t buy enough to test, but we tested with ranking for a specific keyword. Our app went from top 5, down to #11 and #14. I’ve never had this happen when ranking organically, so I waited a few days. I never even contacted them, but Nick from CPImobi decided to check in with me and I decided to ask him about it. The results are priceless:

When I initially questioned Nick about the drop in ranking, he sort of side stepped the question. I found it odd that he wouldn’t directly address my concerns:

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.30.02 AM.jpg

I’ve been in the online marketing game for 8 years now, and I’ve dealt with companies like this (I ran a small app marketing service once). I could tell Nick though I was some idiot he could squeeze some cash from, so I played along.

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.34.33 AM.jpg

What kind of company that claims they offer ASO services would ever say this? He probably thought I would’ve agreed and went along with my day. At this point I’m pissed that he clearly knows something, but wants to pin the issue on me. I moved forward.

Nick wanted to check in with his team, so while I waited, I wanted to ask about the Forbes claim that’s listed on his site (I saw this was ignored somewhere in this thread earlier, and of course, ignored).

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.41.35 AM.jpg

He asked for my keyword and app, so I gave it to him. Like I mentioned, its a low competing keyword with very low traffic. We made this app for the sole purpose of testing ASO strategies. So we’re clearly tracking everything.

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.38.48 AM.jpg

For a company that specializes in ASO and installs, that’s pretty concerning. Would you waste hundreds of dollars for a keyword with less than 19 competitors? Would anyone who actually knows anything about ASO even recommend this to anyone? The answer is no, unless you were a scum thief.

Just to clarify, CPImobi DOES deliver installs as promised. But if you’re using them to increase keywords rankings, STAY AWAY.

Every company do like this with paid installs…We should not use them and go with paid marketing …AppBrain ,admob,Facebook …etc are work well…try using paid marketing instead of paid installs…I once spend 500$ for paid installs for a company and got bad results with them…

Yeah, lesson learned. I thought incent would be OK, but it seems like they’re providing fake installs. I can’t be sure, but I don’t believe Google would punish apps buying installs.

FB worked well for me, but I’d like a cheaper alternative to rank for more competitive keywords. Have you tried TapJoy? They’re incent as well, but a legitimate company, from my understanding.

Their app Wildwallet has many complaints of not paying users for installing apps as promised, quick suspicious to me.

Yup. And it looks like they use their own review service to mask the bad reviews lol. Classic.

I’m sharing this from their sales thread incase you guys missed this. This is my last post about them, at this point anyone who works with them should know they’re rolling the dice at this point…

Someone just shared some more information on this fraudulent company, CPImobi. So we know that they lied about they’re Inc. 5,000 status, lied about providing ASO services, and now, it looks like they’re lying about their own staff.

A LinkedIn search for CPIMobi shows only 1 employee who’s name is Jacob Boney (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-boney-237bb8109). Seriously, if you’re going to fake an employee, at least choose a better name. Apparently a “Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships”, and has worked with this company since 2013 even though their LinkedIn profile says they were founded in 2014.

http://i.imgur.com/tx2kHPK.png

At first glance this looks legit, but too bad this guy’s name is actually Wes Oebel. They just ripped his picture from a random site (http://www.charterworld.com/news/dometic-marine-appoints-wes-oebel-account-manager-aftermarket-sales-western-region/wes-oebel). His REAL LinkedIn profile doesn’t show ever worked at CPIMobi (https://ca.linkedin.com/in/wes-oebel-28321419).

Nice work. I was going to use their services but noticed a lot of issues,notably with the Forbes ranking. Thanks for sharing the information!

No offence to India, but CPIMobi is actually an indian company to my knowledge but they just pretend they are Euro-Amercian to earn trust of advertisers.

none taken, there is one more indian scammer trying to sell his shit with the name smexysumo , here

Maybe they are in the same team. Lol

Yeah lol, where r u from?

Malaysia. There is someone here in this forum get >10m downloads from his game, and he is same country with me.

When I was coming back from Indonesia to India, I had a layover for one day in Malaysia, I loved the Malaysian Air Hostess. Malaysian girls are so pretty :smiley:

Hello everyone, so what are your submissions about CPIMobi being fraudulent?

Our Linkedin account? That proves our services being scam? Are you serious?

We have 8000 Users in total and can provide all the proofs for administrators if it’s needed of course. Regarding their successful campaigns, their contacts, their payment amounts which as you can see was not the 10 USD at all. We do also have a lot of regular clients who do order 10.000 installs packages regularly.

This mad guy who doesn’t even know how to check his app installs at Google Developer’s account and pretends an expert just registered at forum to write those rave random text about the Linkedin and the FREE ASO advice which our Junior Support Manager tried to provide him and which we never offered anyone as a paid service 

We do even always provide the 50 free installs for each new sign-up to test it.
Stop supporting these useless FAKE STORIES. Thanks.

So the screenshots are fake ? Why would anyone want to destroy you ?

Which screenshots?

Screenshots only show our Junior Support Manager trying to provide the free consultuncy, and yes he is not familiar enough for the niche to do it 100% right, but it’s just the free advice, we never offered the paid ASO report or anything.

And this guy pretends an expert and started insulting our Manager for no reason but he doesn’t even know how to check the installs and what the incent installs do.

Come on, stop this useless conversations here at this fake thread.

Where is the Forbes link?

what about the fake manager names and fake linkedin profile?

@Adisred can you respond to the questions please

App2top is better :slight_smile: