Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avradu1984 View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience with this type of advertising:

After setting up my instagram account exactly as specified on the blog (and getting confirmation from support that the entire setup is fine), I ordered a $200 shout from @nailsclip (1.5m followers).

Results (as tracked by bitly.com) were: 18 clicks. So I paid $11 per click.

I don't know how many installs I had but I guess it's irrelevant.

When I contacted support to get their opinion on this, they said they are puzzled by the ineffectiveness of the campaign. Which is pretty ironic considering I wanted to advertise a jigsaw puzzle game! They also recommended I also try new, smaller shouts to see if I can get better results. No thanks, I am not going to use such a method ever again!

Bottom line is: this is totally ineffective and was the most expensive advertising campaign I ever tried (and I did try a lot of them!).
    Thanks for trying shoutcart, it seems that your choice of instagram account to shoutout from was not the best, and the broad teenage female audience of @nailsclip was not interested in your jigsaw puzzle game (you did mention your users are 45-55 year old females). Like I advised before, its important to start slow (with $5-$10 shoutouts) to get a feel of IG audience, to get your targeting right.

Instagram in general is skewed towards younger audience, and sometimes your app/game will not appeal to that audience. Its important to test individual accounts as well as instagram as a marketing channel in general.
    $0.08 CPI in USA, non-incentive installs, real users, real players.
    Instagram Shoutouts for Mobile Apps & Games!
    Learn How to Setup Instagram Campaigns here https://shoutcartblog.wordpress.com/...pps-and-games/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Let me do some math.

You are advertising $0.1 CPI from the US. For that to happen with a $200 shout, I would need 2000 installs. To get 2000 installs, I would need at least 6000 clicks (decent conversion ratio in organic installs on Google Play is about 25%-30%). I got 18 clicks.

18 clicks / 6000 clicks = 0.3%. That percentage is, for sure, not because of the bad choice in targeting from my behalf but from the poor quality of this type of marketing campaign.

Sorry, but getting 0.3% of what you're advertising is pretty convincing for me not to try this again.

How come you are now saying I chose the wrong instagram account if in the email I received from support I was told that "I think you picked a pretty nice account to do a shoutout on"? And I was also advised to try some other nail accounts because they have my target audience.

Support also recommended this instagram account for $5: @useless.knowledge. I added it to my cart but it is still pending (after a week since the order). And the name of the instagram account seems to have been removed from the order, like it was removed from your system or something.
    The best jigsaw puzzles game on the market and it's all free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ania.game.free

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Let me do some math.

You are advertising $0.1 CPI from the US. For that to happen with a $200 shout, I would need 2000 installs. To get 2000 installs, I would need at least 6000 clicks (decent conversion ratio in organic installs on Google Play is about 25%-30%). I got 18 clicks.

18 clicks / 6000 clicks = 0.3%. That percentage is, for sure, not because of the bad choice in targeting from my behalf but from the poor quality of this type of marketing campaign.

Sorry, but getting 0.3% of what you're advertising is pretty convincing for me not to try this again.

How come you are now saying I chose the wrong instagram account if in the email I received from support I was told that "I think you picked a pretty nice account to do a shoutout on"? And I was also advised to try some other nail accounts because they have my target audience.

Support also recommended this instagram account for $5: @useless.knowledge. I added it to my cart but it is still pending (after a week since the order). And the name of the instagram account seems to have been removed from the order, like it was removed from your system or something.
    It's simple: the service is seriously overpriced and NEVER WORKS ANYWHERE

even the worst colorless NON-TARGETED banner Ad has 0.2% click through rate, when you got 18 clicks there are at best only 10k impressions - i.e. 10k persons who have LOOKED at the the shout out MAXIMUM, so even if you got the best App in this world with best targetted IG audience you may still get only like 50 clicks at best.

the rest of million+ "followers" are robots.

all the shout outs on that shoutcart shall have 90% price cut minimum or anyone trying the services are just ripped off
    Last edited by lovefromheaven; 2016-01-06 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Why not change the pricing model to pay for actual clicks or installs? if the results aren't delivered for whatever reason, the cost should fall on the service provider and not on the buyer.
    Also, if the service is legit a few occasional failures shouldn't burden much on your service (while they are quite a heavy blow for the buyer.. even if he's just an unlucky one in the middle of many successful campaigns)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't use instagram so I don't have any info regarding it.
    Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spending $200 directly in intragram ads might be more worth. There will be around 200k impressions, given 1% CTR, it was 2k clicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Let me do some math.

Sorry but instagram advertising is not for you.

Also, I clicked on the google play link of the game you are advertising, and its actually not available on google play in USA, maybe thats why your campaign didn't result in any installs.
    Learn How to Setup Instagram Campaigns here https://shoutcartblog.wordpress.com/...pps-and-games/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefromheaven View Post
    It's simple: the service is seriously overpriced and NEVER WORKS ANYWHERE

even the worst colorless NON-TARGETED banner Ad has 0.2% click through rate, when you got 18 clicks there are at best only 10k impressions - i.e. 10k persons who have LOOKED at the the shout out MAXIMUM, so even if you got the best App in this world with best targetted IG audience you may still get only like 50 clicks at best.

the rest of million+ "followers" are robots.

all the shout outs on that shoutcart shall have 90% price cut minimum or anyone trying the services are just ripped off

This is coming from someone that never ordered a shoutout from us. I encourage you to give it a try some time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    We have lots of campaigns running daily, and a lot of our customers are repeat customers.

I understand, it takes a little time to test new channel to see if its the right fit, but I would also like to point out that Instagram Shoutouts with Shoutcart don't work for ALL the games, examples would include everything that does not fit with 15-30 year old group of users.

Its also important to have your app/game polished and ready for prime time. No amount of advertising will help promote an unfinished, poorly made game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    Sorry but instagram advertising is not for you.
    It's funny how you're saying this now after I've spent $200 trying it and you didn't say it before I purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    Also, I clicked on the google play link of the game you are advertising, and its actually not available on google play in USA, maybe thats why your campaign didn't result in any installs.
    The game got 184 installs from USA today, so it is available on GP. If you clicked on the link from my signature, then that game has been removed from the store more than a year ago and it is not the game I ordered the shout for.
    And I was measuring the number of clicks, I clearly stated I received 18 clicks, not installs.

Those two mistakes make it pretty clear for me that you don't even know what game I am talking about nor the results I got from ordering the shout. Which is a pretty clear indication that you're not even trying to figure out what went wrong, but you're happy to have the money in your pocket.
    The best jigsaw puzzles game on the market and it's all free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ania.game.free

11. Likes BaksaiApps liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast