How to Market Android App?

Want to know the marketing methods so that I can promote my Android App among the users.
Do I need to paid marketing?

If you have a big budget then you can do a paid marketing on it. But if your have no good budget for the marketing of the app better to hire cheap VA’s or app marketer that can do this job or do it on your own.

I can help to rank your app/game in play store in 3 days
thanks

Here are the 5 tips to promote your app free

1. Blogging on Sites: Be generic and precise, but don’t forget to add your link in that blog, ask your friends to reply to that blog eventually it may reach many.
2. Social Networking: This is very easy and the most influencing way to market. Post your Games, Apps and even blogs (promotional materials) you have created and Videos if any, about your game. But be cautioned do not spam in social media else you may get blocked.
3. Forum Posting: One of the organic and traditional marketing is forum posting. Post your promotional materials in forums and discussions. Again do not spam in the forum as it may irritate the users and may lead to negative review.
4. Video Marketing: Create a video about your App or Game and make a Youtube channel. Promoting this video creates a vision within users and may last long within them.
5. Review Sites: It is also important for others to review your game. The review sites will be best suiting for reviewing your game, there are both free and paid reviews. Choose paid reviewing if you want the same.

There are nearly 500 websites which includes forum, paid and free review website which would be useful in marketing your Apps or Games.
Try these tips well and be careful by not overdoing stuff.

Let me share 5 tips too :slight_smile:

1. Share it with all of your friends and tell them to share the same with their friends. Ask your family members too to share this app with their contacts in this way you can manage to receive the initial uplift

2. See for any available and open android app contest or competition

3. Share you application in the most relevant face book pages

4. There is a section on this forum through which you can exchange reviews and check other forums for such available opportunities.

5. Read this post and try to repeat the same what this guy did

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/marketing-methods/20535-1-million-downloads-1st-app-within-8-momths-0%24-spent-ads-13.html#post147048

And 5 tips from me:

1. Optimize your app’s title & keywords
  2. Prompt your users to rate the app with a pop up after it has been used 5 times or after 10 mins of play time.
  3. Use Facebook Mobile Install Ads, where you can specify target audiences and target fan pages of apps that are similar to yours.
  4. Find relevant blogs and ask for promotion or review post
  5. Cross promote your apps such that each progressive app you release does better than the one before it.

you can see a lot of return when you submit your apps to review sites. I would suggest to start with this method first and then go to paid acquisition via paid marketing.

You can also buy downloads and reviews to boost app in ranking. I can sell u ratings and reviews

Hi how do you do cross-promote with other developers?

This is a very big conversation. Overall, when you start marketing an app there’s 9 things you have to do:

1. Set up Analytics, properly.
  2. Release an early beta.
  3. Create a landing page.
  4. Follow app store guidelines.
  5. ASO testing.
  6. Cross Promotion.
  7. Paid Advertising.
  8. Ignite social activity.
  9. Use Push notifications

ASO
Press Release
cross promotion
paid advertising
forum posting
facebook group share

Here are some of my top tips

1. Whenever you answer a query on any forum, try to put the back link to your app page.

1. For me the download stream is something as follows
    #1 User see your app icon… √ if pass goes to #2.

#2 App’s screen shots and the overall presentation of the app…√ if pass goes to #3.

#3 The total number of downloads of the app already received and the reviews…√ pass if the number is good enough.

#4 Now user chooses to download the app.

So always remember the app presentation is very important. Make sure they look good and ASO optimized.

Advertise :
Still using the slow download managers ? Instantly upgrade your download manager to Aladin DM. The fastest download manager for Android ever. Check out this awesome app : http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.softc.aladindm

nice tips thanks for it.

The Most effective way is ASO. Spend some time in researching your keywords. You can use tools like Appannie , sensortower!

Here are some effective market ways for you:

Submit to Multiple store
In addition to promote Android apps in Google Play Store, developers can also publish their app in some other app store like Amazon, Samsung app store, and so on. The more stores your app is published in, the more chances it will be noticed by people.

Promote on YouTube
Make a couple of YouTube videos showing how the app can be useful to people or entertain them. Try to make the video using a better clarity and understanding which is also worth sharing. And don’t forget share these videos on your facebook, twitter, linkedin and some relevant forums.

App Review Submission
Review Submission will help you to get more target audience because after submitting your app on top sites there are lots of app users easily get to know about your app.

Get positive reviews
You can build in the interface programs suggestions to evaluate and comment on your app. On Google Play, Google allows you to respond to reviews now. So you can communicate with your users that have left negative reviews and see what can be done to fix that review and make it positive. This is important as most people look at reviews before downloading an app.

Contests/Giveaways
For example, if you have a premium version of your app, give away a few premium licenses for it. In the giveaway, I’d highly suggest having ways for users to share your app with others so that word of mouth spreads even more.

Email marketing
You can collect your potential users email addresses on the internet, as many as possible. And don’t forget to leave a link in your email signature to get users that you email to click on the link and check out your app.

App Store Optimization
It’s the greatest influence on the numbers of downloads once your App is on display in the stores, which is also the most effective way to increase app downloads. You can optimize your app from the following aspects: keywords, icon, title, description, screenshots…If you are not a master in this field, you can choose a professional app store optimization company to do the job, like ASOTOP1.

At last, about the paid ads, it’s efficient. However, generally speaking, users give a little bit more trust to the natural search result, when comparing with ads. So, personally speaking, I recommand you do ASO to promote your app.