Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Testing AppBrain for promotion

I've just released a new game - a complicated puzzle platformer that will probably be hard to make popular... - and am testing AppBrain for promoting it. I've put $100 for now to check how it will go. Will post stats if anyone is interested. For now 1 install from 5 clicks. I've limited the ads to Europe, Canada and USA.

2. Likes qaz1243qaz, BaksaiApps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How much did you bid for an install?

The last time I used AppBrain I chose to bid 0.2 per install with a 100$ budget. The money was gone in minutes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    0.2$ but only for limited countries. Seems to be going quite slowly (after a few hours):

Impressions - 1,015
    Clicks - 17
    CTR - 1.67%
    Installs - 3
    IR - 0.30%
    Avg. CPI - $0.20
    Total cost - $0.60

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    please keep us updated, im thinking about running a campaign with them because they have low cpi bid of 0.2$ which i can get it back from ads if i target UK

do they have a good category targeting system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    3,386 impressions
    22 clicks
    0.65% CTR
    8 installs

Not good. I don't think it has much sense to continue like that. I've raised the bid to $0.4 (they predict 100 installs for that bid), I will see how it goes. It's only an experiment. The goal would be to get to the 1000+ install group with this and some house ads till the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by Magnesus; 2013-08-30 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
    Not good. I don't think it has much sense to continue like that. I've raised the bid to $0.4 (they predict 100 installs for that bid), I will see how it goes. It's only an experiment. The goal would be to get to the 1000+ install group with this and some house ads till the end of the weekend.
    I have tried to run a small AppBrain campaign once. At that time I have noticed, that AppBrain campaigns might be starting slowly/gradually. It took 2 days for the campaign to “warm up”, then the number of impressions stabilized: 300->1000->1500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Ideal would be advertising your app in the ad space of similar user type, genre, or similar apps. And MOST IDEALLY in your COMPETITOR's apps !!

I seem to recall there was some way to pick the apps you advertise in - some of the ad networks show ads currently running (mmedia.com and some others).

So if you target specifically those apps you may have better conversion - though it all depends on numbers (so even ads in generic apps may give more numbers) - but I guess the ones from matching apps will give better RETENTION (i.e. will look better to Google ranking algorithms etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah, for me it would be great to advertise in other platformer games. I have 55 installs now, which cost me $15.20. I lowered the bid to 0.36, but will probably lower it back to 0.20 when I get 100 installs.
    I don't remember, maybe someone will help me - the 30 days for top new free begins when you get on that list for the first time or when you release the game? Because I don't know if it's worth advertising before getting there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
    Yeah, for me it would be great to advertise in other platformer games. I have 55 installs now, which cost me $15.20. I lowered the bid to 0.36, but will probably lower it back to 0.20 when I get 100 installs.
    I don't remember, maybe someone will help me - the 30 days for top new free begins when you get on that list for the first time or when you release the game? Because I don't know if it's worth advertising before getting there...
    I guess it begins as soon as you release the app/game. At least in my case the downloads in the first 30 days are quite high in contrast to the download numbers after 30 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Damn, I was hoping for a different answer. At this speed it might take me a week to be at the bottom of that list. And admob house ads don't work, so I can't boost it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast