Successful ASO methods

Which ASO method is working for you? This will help us (begginers) to try the most successfull ASO methods in our app also.

I tried by tweeking the title and description and waiting for the results. For you?

I’d like to know this too. I’ve been over my description a bunch of times. Made sure all my keywords were in there at least 5 times each. Hasn’t made any difference. Any tips someone can give would be much appreciated.

you guys should try a free course here about ASO
Learn App Store Optimization - ASO Academy

Thanks,
Tan

on which basis we have to selected App keyword, if app is already published.

look for keywords lot of people search for, but not many people use. Also misspelling words of popular keywords helps as well.

Thanks for the link

Today i got a email from “mobile action”
at first i thought this is some spam bullshit again. but i gave it a try. i made a account and its fantastic in my opinion. i can enter keywords in a list. the site automatically shows up how popular the keyword is, how easy it is to rank there, how many apps are ranked (max.250) and it shows the rank of your own app.

If i type “Circle Jump” into google play. my app is the 12th place. and also this site is showing it to me. it goes much faster. and it has alot of more features. totally worth a try.

hope i can help some of you with it

I also use mobile action. It’s quite helpful especially for iTunes. I find it hard to use ASO for google play since your just putting it in the paragraph. I feel like no matter how much i tweak, nothing happens.

I tried lots of tools, Sensor Tower, Mobile Action, AppAnnie etc etc…for now no success with ASO…changed a keywords tons of time, did a research on competition etc etc…i changed a description like 5 times, taking all the recommendations into account etc. Still no success. It actually did changed but for 10,15% max.
Starting to think that whole ASO thing isn’t even close to be as important as it is said to be…

It does effect it a little, but I don’t think as much as it used too. Best I’ve been able to manage was raise my downloads up 10X through ASO. Which sounds great except that I was previously only getting 2-5 downloads a day. At least now I’m starting to build a bit, but no where near to what I’d need to in order to generate any kind of revenue.

I have my doubts ASO is as important was it was 5 years ago.

it works…

It works but not as much as one would expect for all this job done…

I tried Gummicube for several months, and the app did nothing but continue declining. The rate-of-decline did not change.

The 3 Magic Factors of App ASO Success Monetization Are:

1. good icon/screenshots/keywords are a MUST (look at similar apps what you are making to get the benchmark)
    Have 20-30 google-translated descriptions in different languages

however there is big catch!

2.THE CATCH You must make sure the market isn’t too saturated. Say you are going to publish an app about hot dogs. If the search results in google play show that there are 10 pages of similar apps, and the bottom apps look similar to what you are making but have 10-500 downloads in a year, guess what, if you are going to publish such an app it will compete with that app, not with the top app with 500,000,000 downloads. FIND A SMALL POND.

AND

1. your app must actually be something people would want to use

You can be the genius wizard meister of ASO/screenshots/icons with a great game, but if THE CATCH isn’t taken into account, prepare to have 100 downloads

tl;dr thinking about ASO after you make your game is backwards. Check out your competition first.

I think you are right, it is very important the first point.

On the other hand, if you are searching for real reviews for free, i recommend you to visit “ReviewsMotion”, a great rating exchange community.
Here a post in this forum explaining how this community works:
http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/marketing-methods/23550-%5Breviewsmotion%5D-get-free-reviews-your-apps.html

i recommend:
Sensor Tower, Mobile Action, AppAnnie

Put keywords in app title is really a good way to increase the app ranking, which can increase your app ranking by 10.3%. But when you choose keywords, you should not also consider the relevance, but also consider the competition and traffic - It’s good in the sense that the keyword is already popular. But it’s bad because of the enormous competition, thus making it even harder to get the top spot.

Everyone knows how to do aso, then you should do some other things to assit your aso. Buy keyword search installs is a great way to boost app ranking, which can boost your app ranking in 8~ 10 hours, it’s really worth to have a try. Once your app ranks top 5, you can expect a large number of downloads. Because over 65% users download an app by searching in the app stores, the higher the ranking in the app store is, the easier the number of app downloads increases.

Me also have doubt on this topic, Please share guys which ASO method works easily to promote my app the in-app store?