Please suggest a strategy for my game.

Hello.

I’m making a game for Android. It is based on levels. It’s like the game Freeze!.

I spent a long time on a map editor and after a lot of effort, have completed 10 levels of my game.

The only problem is that the 10 levels can be finished in 20-30 minutes. It’s pretty interesting and time based so people might some levels many times.
I’m planning to use Google play services to maintain highscores.

I am planning to put ads (banner ads all the time + interstitial occasionally) and sell IAP for removing ads.

Should I spend another 2-3 weeks on making another 10 levels? Or should I just submit the game as it is and depending on the feedback, do more?

Is my initial plan with ads, sound? How aggressive should I go with ads in the beginning?

Thanks a lot.

IMHO, release the game as it is, test it on whatever you can get your hands on, not just emulators.
After a week you’ll probably have some feedback and then you’ll know which way you should lean to.
You can then issue an update with more levels and IAP with upgrades/levels.

do people download updates easily?

Because I’m planning to go with low ads initially and after (if) the downloads pick up go full on with ads (banner ads 100% of the game time).

And another question: I don’t have a merchant account for IAP with Google. Will I be able to create one for my game after its initial release without IAP?

People usually download updates.
Not sure about the merchant account but I think upgrading your account should be possible if your country is supported for a merchant account.

I dont even know when I update, usually its automatic… Like most people here say, publish the app and see results. Could be that adding 10 extra levels is not necessary because the game crashes because of the ads… Get where im going at?

A game like Freeze! ? That´s cool, can i test it?

crashes because of ads? I’m not sure I understand.

Thanks BaksaiApps. I’ll let you know when it’s in a better stage :slight_smile: