should i continue pushing?

Hello everyone, so i hired those guys to build an app which i thought would be very successful, it cost me around $3000, i published it on the store and then i spent around $2500 till now on advertising, my plan was to rank in only one country’s top new free list, this country was a middle eastern country, anyway… the app now is number 102 on the top new free list, but as soon as i stop advertising it falls agains, what do you recommend, should i push more with advertising? should i stop it and just cry ? i don’t want to lose the money i spent, but also i don’t know what is the right thing to do… and can someone please tell me if i change the app name slightly will this affect my store ranking? as i found out a adding one word to the tittle could be better for ASO. thanks guys.

You’ve already spent more than enough and the results seems to be not good to put it mildly:( Try changing the name and the overall ASO, it can’t get much worse than ranking 102 (which is completely useless anyway) . How are the ratings from real users - if they like it , then maybe push it some more but if you get a lot of 1-2 star ratings … It’s bad:(

Hey, thanks so much for your reply, the reviews from real users seems to be so great, its currently 4.9 with no 1-2 star rating, and i haven’t paid for any reviews actually, i got around 70 reviews now, and what is the ranking number good enough do drive organic downloads, you said 102 is completely useless, what should i aim for?

You should force users to rate the app…to climb ranking rating is also important

what is the category of your app ,
and how much revenue did you get till now ,
and where do you advertise it ?

The apps is for kids, and a similar app has been launched before mines and was very successful, altho mine is much more better quality build,
no real revenue till now, i used appbrain and admob.
thanks

Quality, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder :slight_smile:
But seriously, there is something wrong either with your marketing or with your app, or both. How many users did you get for $2.5k, what was the retention?
PS. Have a look at this: 6 Strategies To Drive High Quality Installs 05/15/2015

Hey, thanks for helping, okay so there is something new here, after i checked admob and appbrain i found out that they only used around $600 of the whole budget! maybe this explains things… the problem is i only have 15 days left to appear in the top new list. do you guys recommend still pushing ?

and about the quality thing, i mean that the quality is very high compared to the competitors whom mostly use web views and poor graphics and extra, and they still get good downloads.

thanks

believe me , it is not about quality anymore in android ,
it is about how to get users and maximize your revenue ,
I do not know how much users did you get for the 600$ but knowing that you are targeting a single middle east country , you should be in the top 10 new free by now ,
otherwise there is definitely something wrong with you app and your conversion rate should be very terrible

Second what @Pharaoh said, quality is subjective (maybe kids are ok with web views?), traction, conversion and revenue are not. If I were you I’d pause for a while and try to figure out what is wrong before pushing again. Did you A/B test anything during your campaign? How many users did you get for $600 and what was their quality?

Hello pharaoh, thanks for keeping up, from ads i got around 3k downloads, and total downloads now are 4800, the rest are organic i think. my reviews is 4.9 with total rates of 85, i get around 800 users using the app each day(total of new and returning users)…

what do you recommend? :frowning:

Hello,
I’m not an expert but i have a recommendation…
sometimes we put a lot of effort/time/money in something and we want the same retribution in the same time or immediately
if you started this project was for some reason so my advise is be a little bit patient, give it a rest and time and calm down…
then start to think… if the app is missing something???, if the icon is right??, the name??, the description?, the screenshots??, etc…

if you have that rate is just matter of time… i guess
and with and organic score of 4.9 I would push till the very end

doing the calculations , your Install cost is 0.2$ which is pretty high for ME traffic ,
you will never get this revenue for ME user ,
however I would stop advertising if I were you and check whats wrong with my app ,
Maybe if you share you app with me I can give you some advises

You got to be kidding :eek: $600 spent and you got very small number of downloads. May be you can try incentivized downloads. Retention will be very less but it will bring your app to top 10 new free list quickly. At the same time once you stopped it you will not see your app in the top list. So stick to ASO. I am also new to this and trying do some tweeks in ASO and hoping for the best :slight_smile:

Hello, guys!
Of course, changing app name can affect your app ranking, which is a factor of app store optimization. According your situation, you have spend much money in advertising, but the results is not satisfactory, why don’t you consider to improve your app’s quality through app store optimization(ASO). It is a process of making your app more visible in app stores so that the audiences would like to install your app. There are some details about ASO:

1. Beautify your app icon

2. Add main keywords in app title and description

3. Create a subtitle to increase your apps’ search ranking

4. Increase the quality of app screenshots

5. Optimize the reviews and ratings

Hope these methods can help you!