Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Advertising on Facebook, do you have any information/experiences?

Hey guys, i am looking for different alternatives to promote my next game.
    As the title suggest, do you have any experiences or information about advertising on Facebook? It sounds quite interesting that it has enough volume to target any specific country/age/gender i want to.

Thank you!
    Looking for a super talented 2D Artist to work with us!

Dan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If you know your preferred user demographics Facebook advertising is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just created a campaign to try it, targeting Chilean people with android devices and chose a paying on a CPC basis, with a max. bid of $0.01. Let see if it gets some impressions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    I just created a campaign to try it, targeting Chilean people with android devices and chose a paying on a CPC basis, with a max. bid of $0.01. Let see if it gets some impressions...
    Interesting, please keep us posted on how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    To mention: It has 2 kind of advertisements. One is mobile and another one is web. So, you should choose the mobile one, so everyone who's gonna use facebook mobile app will see your advertisement. With mobile type of ads, you could add GA in your app, and give the specialized link to Facebook, so then u can track how many install your ads from facebook will bring to u.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    @Daler Thats exactly what i did. But i am having some problems reading the GA board. Where can i see the number of downloads per specialized link? Thanks

@XdebuX On the first day i got 95 impressions and 5 click. So I just changed the maximum bid to $0.02. Ill let you know how many impressions i got today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daler View Post
    To mention: It has 2 kind of advertisements. One is mobile and another one is web. So, you should choose the mobile one, so everyone who's gonna use facebook mobile app will see your advertisement. With mobile type of ads, you could add GA in your app, and give the specialized link to Facebook, so then u can track how many install your ads from facebook will bring to u.
    I think that one can not measure the installs coming from the Facebook ads with GA. When i replaced the link of my ads with one with a GA tag, Facebook automatically changed my ad setting to web ads. I tried several times and i could not configure ads using a tagged link. Then i googled a little bit and found this on the Fb website:

"You need to integrate Facebook's latest SDK or work with a mobile measurement company in order to get access to measurement and installs. You can leverage our tutorials to help you get started with Facebook's SDK for iOS and Android. You don't need to implement Facebook Login to create or use mobile install ads. However, you will need to reference methods in the SDK to measure installs......"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I just browsed through a book on facebook marketing today and the most emphasis was put on using the eye catching images in ads. Like a boy with an apple on his head, a girl looking to her left downwards, a cute kitten etc.

Hope that helps to get more clicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    I think that one can not measure the installs coming from the Facebook ads with GA. When i replaced the link of my ads with one with a GA tag, Facebook automatically changed my ad setting to web ads. I tried several times and i could not configure ads using a tagged link. Then i googled a little bit and found this on the Fb website:

"You need to integrate Facebook's latest SDK or work with a mobile measurement company in order to get access to measurement and installs. You can leverage our tutorials to help you get started with Facebook's SDK for iOS and Android. You don't need to implement Facebook Login to create or use mobile install ads. However, you will need to reference methods in the SDK to measure installs......"
    I did not use facebook ads for my app so far... It's strange that u can't add link with GA tag for mobile ads. As u are as an advertiser for facebook, you have a very good chance to get a response from their support. Send to them an email about this.

To see what is the source of your installs in GA dashboard you should go to: Acquisitions->App Marketplace. And on the opened screen u will have to put "Secondary dimension" just right next to "Primary Dimension". Click on that "Secondary dimension" and choose from the list, Acquisitions->Source. After that u will have all source of installs.

I'm not so sure but u have 50-50 chance to see installs from facebook. So far I can see 1-2 installs from other sources, and i did not generate special "TAG"s for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hey guys,

Some time ago I did an App that in order to unblock some level was necessary to 'Like' the official Facebook fan page of the App, after 1 year I got 5k likes which would good for self-promoting other apps (even I don't use this quite often), the thing is that today I published on the fan page one of my new apps, basically this would target 5k users but I have extended this range by paying 20$, in total 40k users will see my publication. Let's see how it progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast