Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

    ayeT Studios Review

    Website: ayeT-Studios: Home

    I paid for 2k installs (about $200 worth). Note that these are incentivized installs, and NOT their "high retention" installs (which cost more).

    Number of players in the game per day:
    before: 540
    day of installs: 805
    day after installs: 570

    Soo... not a complete waste, but it seems that the cost per install was higher than I expected.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Only 265 players in day of install? So basically, about 85% of users didn't launch app at all?

    I wonder how it affects ranking. 2000 installs in one day, probably 85% uninstalls within couple of minutes. Google is probably tracking it. So i wonder if it may do more harm, than good. What do you think?

  3. #3
    Senior Member BaksaiApps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    Website: ayeT-Studios: Home

    I paid for 2k installs (about $200 worth). Note that these are incentivized installs, and NOT their "high retention" installs (which cost more).

    Number of players in the game per day:
    before: 540
    day of installs: 805
    day after installs: 570

    Soo... not a complete waste, but it seems that the cost per install was higher than I expected.
    So you launched a new Hero title and i see you did some nice reuse of previous assets and code, smart move! Good luck with it
    Looking for a super talented 2D Artist to work with us!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddard View Post
    Only 265 players in day of install? So basically, about 85% of users didn't launch app at all?

    I wonder how it affects ranking. 2000 installs in one day, probably 85% uninstalls within couple of minutes. Google is probably tracking it. So i wonder if it may do more harm, than good. What do you think?
    Soo.. that is a REALLY GOOD question. Only Google knows the answer. My assumption is that it they don't care about how long things are installed. When I interviewed at Google in California a few years ago, they told me they care about the rate-of-change of installs.

    If you look at WordHero, you see the following:
    - more addictive than drugs
    - people play for months/years
    - with no advertizing, DAU degrades by under 500/month
    - people play every day, multiple times a day for 30minute+ sessions
    - 3 mil installs
    - 4.5 rating

    You would think that a game like that would be really high on the download list, but it is completely un-discoverable. THIS is why I claim that Google Play's discover-ability is broken. The reality is that Google has ZERO incentive to fix it. Why would they when the current system results in companies like King.com spending $400million/year in advertizing!
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  5. Likes the-count liked this post
  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    So you launched a new Hero title and i see you did some nice reuse of previous assets and code, smart move! Good luck with it
    Thanks. However, those stats are for WordSearch Hero.

    Math Hero is an experiment to see how 300x250 ads in a dialog on the Results Activity part of the game cycle monetize. It only took my 6 months to write it. Mostly because:
    1) I had to redo all the actionbar crap with appCompat instead of Actionbar sherlock. FSCK Google and 'forgetting' to do PreferenceActivity
    2) I moved to a new state
    3) Christmas/etc
    4) 2 other projects going on too
    5) Updates to other apps
    6) Lazy
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  7. Likes BaksaiApps liked this post
  8. #6
    Official Dataspin.io Representative
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @Goddard
    My personal experience is that Google could penalise quick uninstalls heavily. Some time ago I've spent quite a lot of money on incent installs and the game dropped in both rankings and search results, it was painful to watch. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it is the nature of incent installs.
    @mind
    where does the advertiser's in question traffic come from?
    Dataspin.io - game analytics and marketing tools, for game devs by game devs, PM me for early access. Thanks!

  9. #7
    Senior Member BaksaiApps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_dataspin.io View Post
    My personal experience is that Google could penalise quick uninstalls heavily. Some time ago I've spent quite a lot of money on incent installs and the game dropped in both rankings and search results, it was painful to watch. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe it is the nature of incent installs.
    Did you spent the money after the 30 day window? Can you give us an estimate of the number of downloads u bought? thanks!
    Looking for a super talented 2D Artist to work with us!

  10. #8
    Official Dataspin.io Representative
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes, after 30 days window. As for the #, as far as I remember it was around 25k on day 1, around 10k on day 2. Not a massive success, as it turned out
    Dataspin.io - game analytics and marketing tools, for game devs by game devs, PM me for early access. Thanks!

  11. Thanks BaksaiApps thanked for this post

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2019-08-21, 11:43 AM
  2. ayeT-studios Review (install app)
    By hamzamed in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2015-05-14, 01:32 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015-03-26, 01:51 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2014-07-29, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •