optimize title and description for keyword ranking?

How do you optimize your title and description for certain keywords so that your app ranks higher?
1 Should the title be short/long?
2 Should the description be short/long?
3 How many times should you repeat the keywords? or what is the best keyword density?
4 Where do you place the keywords in the description
5 What else can be done to optimize this?

My experience:
I am just starting at this business and have 2 apps.
I think the title and description should be short. I use my keywords 5 times and have them in the title.

What are your experiences with optimizing the description and title for keywords?

Typically what I’ll do - I’ve seen top publishers do this as well - is have an app name that’s 1) brandable and 2) contains the keyword, and also append a keyword phrase I’m trying to rank for in the title. For example, for a Slots app, I might be trying to rank for a phrase like “free online slots”, so my app name might be “Vegas Slots”, and my title might be “Vegas Slots - Free Online Slots”. This way, users still understand what your app’s about from the name “Vegas Slots”, even though “Free Online Slots” may be cut off in the search results. Your title is going to have the biggest impact on ASO so you may as well use all of your characters in the title.

I’ll also optimize my app’s meta description (first 167 characters of the description). You can find this by viewing the page source of your Play Store page and searching for name=“Description”.

Usually, adding the keyword in the title and repeat it 3-5 times is ok to rank, but also have to take into account the difficulty of the keyword and category of the app.

Here are the five tips for optimizing your App Title in the App Store:

• Be Descriptive
  • Use Keywords in Title
  • 32 Characters Displayed and so on. Might it helps you some.

Your title is going to have the biggest impact on ASO so you may as well use all of your characters in the title.

I found the opposite, when I made my title shorter my ranking increased enormously for the keywords that where left in the title.

Here are the five tips for optimizing your App Title in the App Store:

I count 3 tips.

Now I have an app which title consist of 2 keywords. The app ranks really high for the combination of the 2 keywords, beating apps with similair titles that have way more downloads than mine. But for each keyword seperatly my app ranks like 30 places lower than apps that have less downloads and lower rating than mine. So how is this possible?