App Keywords

Hello, I’m trying new keywords for my game. I was searching on Sensor Tower. I found 40~50 possible keywords with 4~5 traffic and 2 or less competition and I’m using 5~6 each keyword in description.
But none keyword got ranked yet. I changed it 5 days ago.

Should I use them in short description?

Anyway, how do you guys choose your keywords? Traffic X Competition? Or just some context keywords?

I also found keywords like: “enrich, possible, anderson”. Should I avoid them if is not related with the app, right?
Anyone with experience in this subject can help me?
Thanks

What is good keywords?
Here are 3 factors to evaluate your keywords and teach you how to find the right keywords for your app.

Relevance: Do not choose any keyword which has a good traffic, you need to choose something relevant to your app.

Competition / Rankings: It has no much impacts if your app is ranking beyond #300 for a keyword even it gets billions of searches a month. Because nobody is willing to scroll the phone to find it as he has to achieve that far in search results. What you should do is just looking for keywords that you can rank in the top 10. And generally speaking, keywords should be featured in app name/title, app description and keyword field as app names which contain keywords have 10.7% higher ranking than those do not.

Searches / Traffic: If the above 2 resources are similar, you need to choose the keyword based on the number of searches it gets.

Here are some tips to optimize your keywords:

Don’t use spaces, use commas - The App Store algorithm reads both spaces and commas as separators. Omitting the spaces will save you another thing apart from appearing as a lengthy keyword: The spaces are counted as characters, but commas are not. So you will be able to save the characters for your keywords. And also do not forget to delete the spaces in between the keywords and the commas this will also save you some characters.

Omit connector and stop words - There are few words which are known as connectors: a, of, the, and, to, for, etc. It is very useful to omit them and use them for some more keywords. Except you are targeting a very specific keyword, they don’t make much difference in your keyword pool.

Use digits not words - They are the same for the app store. Like when you use “5,” the App Store looks for “5” and “five”.

Avoid Repeating Keywords - Remember not to use the same words or word phrases while mentioning the keywords. This can save you some space for the other keywords.

Plurals can be used for App store optimization - This is a big difference between SEO and app store optimization. You see, in case of SEO the algorithm takes into account the combination of plural and singular words as your keywords, but in case of app store keyword ranking it does not work like that. Hence, you need to use the plurals as separate keywords.

Use shorter keywords, get more key phrase combinations - The more keywords you have, the easier to improve app store keyword ranking.

Place the strongest and more relevant key phrases in the App Name - the App Name has more weight in the algorithm.

Once you have the list of keywords, make sure to use them in the right places and in the right density to improve your rankings.

App Title: Make sure that your app the title has the primary keyword in it. This will help in improving your app’s search-ability. It helps improves the chances of your app being found in the searches.

App Description: Your app’s description should be short and powerful. It should have the relevant and best matching keywords inserted uniformly and in the right density. The description should describe the app’s functions, its awards, and its highlights, you should use the right words to encourage people to download your app.

Reviews: While most of your focus will be on optimizing the description and app title using the right keywords, you shouldn’t ignore the importance of reviews. You may not have control over the reviews submitted by your users, you can still take steps to ensure that you get positive reviews in large numbers. For example, [b]get app reviews[/b] from review-providers.