App screenshots

Hello.

Are developpers allowed to put screens of apps in some android phone art (like nexus 5) and use them in screenshots of store listing? I believe this will improve the store listing… But im not sure if its allowed or against tos… Please help.

Sure you can. Angry Birds have a “screenshot” where the game is presented on a tablet. Its just called screenshots, it has nothing to do with actual screenshots. You can put there whatever you want. See screenshots section of some rpg or tower defense games (example: Heroes Charge), sometimes half of their “screenshots” are just some amazing looking graphics that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

Yes of course you can.

See this:
https://developer.android.com/distribute/tools/promote/device-art.html

On the website you sent me… Did you read this?

Note: Donotuse graphics created here in your 1024x500 feature image or screenshots for your Google Play app listing

I need explanations guys… It is allowed to show these devices on app listing?

@issamassafi, yeah, I read that some time ago and it was really strange for me. They did not explain it why you can’t use it in screenshots - well, the explaining is not the strongest point of Google IMO. I found other phone mockups and used them as my screenshots and promo graphic. If anyone knows why is it forbidden to use the graphics from Device Art Generator in screenshots please let us know.

@allagainstyou Can you please share the mockups or any device i can use in screenshots… Need them

I sent you this page because you can use mobile phone for promotion your app and because you can drag and drop it for promotion. I don’t know 100% why you can use for store listing, maybe resolution or google want only screenshots.

I have lot of .psd files with temlates nexus5, samsung, sony and… i will send you today :slight_smile:

@issamassafi

Pascal Ferrère | Graphic & Web designer - France / Germany - there is Nexus 5 mockup free to download and use (Nexus5 in 5 positions). Spoiler: it is NOT my page :slight_smile: I’m very bad with graphics, I couldn’t do anything like that, ever.
@Milan
I’d love to get them too ^^ But only with the links to the sites from where you got them to verify if its really free to use.

Edited: What i said was wrong!

@BaksaiApps - it states

Note: Donotuse graphics created here in your 1024x500 feature image or screenshots for your Google Play app listing
I think it means you can’t use it for screenshots, so what you just wrote is not exactly right

it´s still too early on this part of the world hehe! Just edited the post