Gamers feels games should have no ADs or IAP just donation button

In what I call the most ridiculous post I read all year from an Android gamer this is the worst

Gamer says
""Everytime I download a free game it either has ADs or IAP. I have an idea no one has thought of , can’t you make games completely free no ADs but have a donate button to get donations? I am tired of playing games then seeing an AD on top or bottom of the screen its annoying. Games honestly are pieces of artwork , developers shouldn’t be profiting off of that.
When I post a review for a game , I don’t charge the developer a writers fee. I should get paid a writers fee everytime I write a review if that’s the case. The reason there are so many crappy games in the marketplace is that Developers are looking for profit instead of doing it for the love. Developers make money with thier jobs and now they want to make money with apps and games I mean come on how greedy is that!! I say no charge , no ADs, no IAP , just a donation button. If I like your game then I will donate $20-$50 dollars as a token of my appreciation .
Lets start a new movement no ADs, no charge , and no IAP. Come on what do you say developers , you will actually make more money in the end. “”

I didnt know if I should laugh or be pissed at the greediness of this post. You could read more on it here
Why don’t developers make games with no charge , no ADs , and just ask for donations??

OMG when I thought it couldn’t get worst someone else jumps in and defends him saying something even stupider!!

"“I agreed no more ADs in games. ADs are for TV shows and such not games. A TV program is made with quality while apps are simple time wasters. Also the nerve of some developers who charge for apps , I don’t care if its 99 cents. I brought the ****ing phone for $400 , now you want to nickel and dime me for apps.
I am sick of the greed too , google cuts developers a check everytime a phone is sold. So developers get paid profit share and then want money on top of that? **** out of here!!”

Apparently we are getting royalty checks from google. Where do these idiots come from??

I vote for all game developers to move to the streets and collect donations in their hats. :wink:

These bastards posting such comments on android gamer to stop ads and IAP need two interstitials in their a** one from appnext and other from mC.

I think it might not be Google compliant as it would be an out of app solution :smiley:

I think these gamers brains are not google compliant , yet they are allowed to download from the googleplay store.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get worst it did

Slackmore
“” I did a little more research that proves developers are on the greedy tip. I found out about something called epcm. Epcm is how developers make money on ADs. So I decided to act like a developer and ask one of the AD networks how it works. here is how the short but informative conversation went.

Me: So I read in the forums something about 3-6 downloads epcm ?

AD Rep: Yes thats effective per thousand i.e. 1,000 per 3-6

Me: Damn that seems like a lot of money so epcm is 1,000 basically?

AD Rep:If you sign up right now I can go over EPCM in more detail. We have the best
paying AD network and I’am sure you will be happy with our service. Do you want to join and I will help
you set up right away. I will explain EPCM in a more clearer fashion.

Me: No I get the gist of it,thanks. You guys shouldn’t be paying developers so god damn much shit.

So for 3-6 downloads AD companies will pay you $1,000 via epcm !!! I almost lost my sh!t. I am supposed to go to college in 2 years and you guys are making a ****ing killing out here. Now I will get my revenge I found out from another guy that feels the same way I do about AD blockers. If you support the movement then download this

http:// How To Block Ads In Android Apps, Games And Browsers

It blocks ADs from you apps. Yeah we will get the last laugh you greedy , self indiliget , self impotant a-holes.""

The first time I read it I literally could not stop laughing. Then I realized when I read it again he must be in highschool since he said he will go to college in 2 years, which I highly question as dumb as he is. Or he might be an adult taking his GED who knows. But this dude is not bright at all, its not even funny its sad.

Best laughs of the year :slight_smile:

There’s only one flaw in their logic… The “remove ads for $0.99 button”. If they would “donate $50” why wouldn’t they pay 99 cents?

I hope this is just the minority of gamers. Even before i was into creating games, i didn’t minds, well the banner ads at least.

Exactly !! The truth is these guys are cheap and trying to blame us for it. By thier logic I would make more money being a bum collecting donations in the street than working a job haha. When the guy said he talked to the AD network he obviously didnt understand anything the rep said to him. He talks as if he know what EPCM is and he got it completely backwards. This part

…Me: So I read in the forums something about 3-6 downloads epcm ?

AD Rep: Yes thats effective per thousand i.e. 1,000 per 3-6

Me: Damn that seems like a lot of money so epcm is 1,000 basically?

AD Rep:If you sign up right now I can go over EPCM in more detail. We have the best
paying AD network and I’am sure you will be happy with our service. Do you want to join and I will help
you set up right away. I will explain EPCM in a more clearer fashion.

Me: No I get the gist of it,thanks. You guys shouldn’t be paying developers so god damn much shit.

So for 3-6 downloads AD companies will pay you $1,000 via epcm !!! I almost lost my sh!t. I am supposed to go to college in 2 years and you guys are making a killing out here…

He got it completely backwards to the point of being absurd. If my EPCM was that I would be rich right now. He said he lost his sh!t , I disagree he still has his sh!t for brains lol.

Today I have to contact AD networks to see if they can bypass this new ad-block B.S.

It is eCPM not epcm

@Pixelpower nice post, some good jokes there :> although they’re a bit nerdy, both in dev and game areas :stuck_out_tongue:

but on the ad blocking part, here’s my input

• if a gamer switches off their wifi/data then they just won’t be served ads. This isn’t an issue if you are totally online.
  • however, I guess most of us make casual games that are hybrids of offline + online leaderboards/messaging/pvp etc.
  • What we need to do then is ensure that ads are displayed when they should be. i.e. If a player is shown an ad as part of a chosen bonus such as “‘watch a video’ for a energy refill” we don’t give them that energy refill unless the return call is true.

buuuut if devs are just showing ads randomly i’v got nothin for them…

seriously, we can never satisfy everyone, even if we remove our ads, they still complain about other things. hahaha, indeed, they need to get a 360 banner spinning on their a**

Those people are probably some poor and not too smart kids that can’t understand why everything has a price. They will one day, when they will have to work for themselves.

idiots at its best

A guy named Voice posted Android is a 3rd class citizen for him.

That’s something I am wondering lately: should I migrate my efforts to other platforms?

It seems to me that iPhone users are better than Android users: they understand everything has a cost so it is natural and healthy developers to make money with their software.

I’m going to buy a Mac and an iPhone and see how it goes. If it give me a result better than Android (even if it’s just a bit better) I will forget about Android.

Bro, you don’t have to buy a mac or an iphone. Download VMWare Workstation on a torrent, download a Mac OSX from a torrent and there you have a mac on your windows pc! That’s what i did to publish games on the ios app store.

Also, youll be using xcode for mac, so there you have the option to use an iphone/ipad emulator.

I recommend all you guys to do that as well.