How much invest in advertising campaign and where to invest if you have low budgets

I have seen many articles about advertising campaign on Facebook, admob etc.
The problem is that all these articles are addressed to companies that can easily afford the risk to invest 5000$ or 10000$ for a 30 days campaign.

A developer that don’t want to risk so much money in advertising and wants to invest something around 100-200$ in ads, what service should use?
Is a money wasting start an advertising campaign with so low budget?

Share your experience.

Thanks

$200, try facebook or appbrain

200$ isn’t enough to get you anywhere,
Best case after localization, translation, you might get download cost at 0.135$ on very inexpensive country (with facebook).
Or you can pay about 0.20$+ on appbrain to have downloads from india which is ok but with that money and that download rate wont get you anywhere.
So I suggest you 2 things,
If you spend the money, spend the 200$ on a single inexpensive country so you have an impact, if you spread the 200$ in many countries… the effect will be zero.
The 2nd suggestion is to save the money for bigger budget.

Thaks for suggestion. An effective advertising campaign how much money needs at least?

The numbers that I have seen 5000$ or 10000$ seem so huge considering that if the app isn’t an addictive game with ads that can generate a costant cashflow per installation but a free app unlockable with a couple of dollars to pro version, is needed a very high conversion rate to cover the expense.

You can also try ayeT. They are selling installation from real users but they are awarded for that. So it basiclly means that they won’t use your app but they have to keep it for at least 3 days (if you choose high retention campaign). The reason of that is that you can pay 0.18$ per install for european country which is good price.

I think that 200$ is not enough for real users campaign. You can choose on country like India but with 0.2$ bid (which is the lowest in appbrain) you probably won’t get those downloads fast enough. My shot would be 50 downloads per day, but i may be wrong.

I am going to promote my game when it’s finished using ayeT (about 500$) and appbrain (or similiar network) for another 500$. When I see that game makes money I will invest more. My goal is to get the installs as fast as possible - max 4 days to have time for futher promotion and to use the 30d period well.

What is ayeT?? I have never heard of this service and haven’t find any info about it

It’s here: http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/buy-sell/4510-providing-genuine-app-downloads-play-store.html