What are the 2 hardest aspects when developing & promoting android app?

is it about mostly marketing - getting your app promoted, heard, known?

or is the coding part the hardest?

also, what TYPE OF APPS are hardest to code?

games or apps using locations - gmaps etc?

Coding isn’t hard at all if you have good ideas to keep you motivated, if you can’t figure out something StackOverflow always comes to the rescue.
The marketing phase, on the other hand, is something I really loathe.

I agree with @Whiskee

You can always find so many examples of usually what you’re trying to do trough Google and StackOverflow always comes to the rescue if you are having issues.

It doesn’t matter how good your game or app is, if it isn’t targeting a niche/promote itself, then you are going to need some sort of marketing budget, I guess that would be the hardest thing about marketing, getting a big enough budget to get your app or game of there, also of course you will need some marketing knowledge of where to promote your app et.c.

Good luck!

None of the aspect you mentioned is hardest. There’re sites and people willing to help you in coding. You can also do the good marketing if you know the right things and have funds ready to spend. In my opinion, it more difficult to maintain your rank and user engagement while making revenue.

I find that exacly in reverse - but thats probably becouse I have many years of experience in marketing and only began to learn programming.

1. making a game that people love to play it
  2. budget to market your game

I think promotion is a bit harder then development. Success of any good app depends on how well it is communicated to potential users.

Coding is some hard for some apps and games but promotion is a bit harder then development. because the hardest thing about marketing, Success of any good app depends on how well it is communicated to potential users.