BOTS How apps suddenly shoot up the ranks , EVERYONE needs to read this !!

I have done some research on BOTS since a couple of developers are wondering how games and apps suddenly shoot up the ranks. Basically BOTS are cheaper than pay per install and much more effective boosting games and apps to the top slots.

Examples of how you can tell
1)Usually you can tell a BOT is working by reviews for example when flappybird was around you had maybe 1,000-5,000 people say the same review comment like “best bird game” .

1. Also you will see like 100,000 ratings & G+ and only 50,000 downloads which is a glitch that BOTS make.

3)Also there will be sometimes obvious glitches like backwards reviews like this “played ever I game best the” which would be “the best game I ever played” .

Here is some other research done by other high profile bloggers in the indie game scene

The biggest known secret of BOTS
Download bots were the “well-known secret” of the app ecosystem - Inside Mobile Apps

Apple Knocks down BOT apps once it was discovered
Crackdown On Download Bots Meant Installs For Top iOS Apps Took A Dive In March | TechCrunch

Big boys pay to play
Pay to rank: Gaming the App Store in the age of Flappy Bird | Ars Technica

Flappybird proof he used BOTS
Flappy Bird?s Smoke & Mirrors ? Is Something Fishy Going On?

Good research!

From the first article:
“In comparison, Google Android Market’s charts are more immune to bots because the company’s ranking algorithm is more holistic and incorporates factors like whether users keep their apps installed.”

Immune my ass!

Immune HAHA android actually allows you to download the BOT in the appstore here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frapeti.androidbotmaker&hl=en

But you need root access haha but you get to practice how a BOT works , that is if you know how to program the BOT.

reviews drive charts on iOS - (easily achieved by bots)
active installs drive charts on Android - (also easily achieved by bots)

everything else is an after effect of “virality”

When I see a garbage app in top 10 i immediately want to download it and see what they did there…

The fact of the matter is, whether you use bots or not, you still need a considerable amount of cash to chart. With bots you a running a risk of suspension, without bots you are running a risk of bankruptcy.

There is something WEIRD.

This picture is from AppBrain July stats. How can a developer like this (softwego) can get more downloads than WhatsApp ? With that crap / useless / spam apps? He knows what we don’t know.

WTF ,
this developer REALLY knows how to make money with Android

Realy? To me this looks like a kind of a macro recorder for Android. I doubt that Google will not notic if a script creates a new Google ID over and over again on the same device.

I think installing Apps using a script requires quite a bit of effort in changing IP adresses and creating a “new” (virtual) device each iteration.

Yes it’s obvious Google wouldn’t allow a real BOT to be on the store , one that you can program to do anything the android does . But sometimes the best way to hide is in plain site. The main story is the 1st post and the related blogs. Google and Apple knows the problem but it’s a hard to fix issue.

Heck softwego:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=softwego

apps are just okish. There are two apps with 10,000,000+ downloads. I want to draw attention to this page:
Broken/Cracked Screen Free - Google Play Rank History | App Annie

Now look at that July,2014 update in other Lie Detector:
Lie Detector Fun Game - Google Play Rank History | App Annie

The developer is from Russia and the app got steep increase in downloads around 22nd Dec. 2014. I searched for backlinks and SEO for this app and didn’t found anything substantial happening around 22nd Dec. apart from the following two Russian web pages referring to this app:
??? / ??? ??? ? ??? / Tell me more
4PDA > Òû ðàçáèë ìíå ýêðàí

According to me its definitely the bots. But where do get bots. I mean is there any secret seller which sends so many installs or these guys write their own scripts etc.

Compare above chart with Clash of Clans (stupid guys not using bots and purchasing installs)
http://www.appannie.com/apps/google-play/app/com.supercell.clashofclans/rank-history/#vtype=day&countries=IN,RU,UA&start=2013-09-30&end=2014-08-12&view=rank&lm=1fff

Note: Bots will increase downloads and not get you money from ads and IAP

Yes BOTS can’t click AD’s or buy IAP but once you reach the top of the charts , then you can get fresh sweet organic installs ripe with AD clicking mobile gamers!! Yeah haha I did figure out where to find these guys but its a risk you don’t know which one is fully legit. But most of them come from one website , where they meet up and offer their services. Finding them is not a problem its who to trust, who is real and not real.

As for Flappy Bird, I was under the impression that It went viral because of those famous YouTube channels like PewDiePie and Smosh playing the game. They have millions of subscribers, and pretty much do anything they say on their videos.

A comment From the Flappy Bird’s Smoke & Mirrors – Is Something Fishy Going On?article

I only played it because I saw pewdiepie play it, and I didn’t think it could be as hard as he made it look. But it was. After 5 minutes, I deleted it.

Now, as to how pewdiepie found out about the game is a mystery. Maybe it was bots. who knows,

pls share the URL you are talking about. I think this thread should be a complete know how about bots for indie developers.

Flappy Bird is an enigma because there was obviously a lot of organic traffic mixed in there from YouTube, Twitter contests, meme’s, etc. I would say if you are focusing on bots gaming the system, look at some of the other more obvious stuff, like the dumb flashlight apps, etc.

Well he reviewed it after it started to blow and you have to pay him to review your game too, remember that !! https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie/about contact him to see how much it costs!!

LOL I’m assuming it’s not something indiedevs can afford.

BlackHat world here is one offer and you can find many more on Site try at your own risk.

❶ Rank Your Android App in The Google Play Store! ❶

Hi Doug Nyguen rarely do we get famous developers here. I recall in a couple of interviews you saying it was an “enigma” and I haven’t heard that word in a while. Just kidding or am I ??

Ha ha, I doubt that’s Dong Nyguen. He’s busy creating his new game which will get a bunch of lazy devs to make clones out of it.