Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    Last but not least, is it Flabby Bird a low quality game?
    I believe it is.

So bottom line is that we need to focus on creating apps that look good, have longer sessions and get a lot of downloads. Hehe, that is a million dollar idea, isn't it?

Games like Flappy Bird, Don't Step on the White Tile, Stickman, etc, don't have long user sessions but do make a lot of money because they get a lot of downloads.

Games like Word Hero (good job, @mind), Scramble with Friends, Solitaire, Candy Crush have long user sessions and tons of downloads and that means millions of dollars.
    The best jigsaw puzzles game on the market and it's all free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ania.game.free

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avradu1984 View Post
    I believe it is.

So bottom line is that we need to focus on creating apps that look good, have longer sessions and get a lot of downloads. Hehe, that is a million dollar idea, isn't it?

Games like Flappy Bird, Don't Step on the White Tile, Stickman, etc, don't have long user sessions but do make a lot of money because they get a lot of downloads.
    They got lots of sessions per users as well. We made a Donīt step on the white tile clone and it has made good money per download ($0.055).
    Looking for a super talented 2D Artist to work with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaksaiApps View Post
    They got lots of sessions per users as well. We made a Donīt step on the white tile clone and it has made good money per download ($0.055).
    May I have a link to that game?

5 cents per user seems like a lot, can you share some stats? Like active / total downloads, date released, number of users per day, etc?
    The best jigsaw puzzles game on the market and it's all free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ania.game.free

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    See in here lies the problem. What you might consider crap many people consider a fun game.Also you need a budget to push your game to the top before people can see the game or app on the device.
    Buy installs and boost your game or app to the top of the charts app2top.org/?ref=6228

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpower View Post
    See in here lies the problem. What you might consider crap many people consider a fun game.Also you need a budget to push your game to the top before people can see the game or app on the device.
    Sure, it's always subjective opinion, in my opinion Flappy bird is great game - I mean great idea. Definitely not "crappy app". But still it's matter of perspective, you can discuss about this...

But apps I listed in my 1st post are really crappy apps, and you can look on them from every possible angle, they are just crappy or clones That's what I wanted to say, how it's possible that such crappy app are not banned (as they are breaking several rules) or at least filtered by Google (as they are crappy). They occupy almost whole Top New Free list, and many other Top Lists. Look at their ratings, most of them are belo 4, some even like 3.5 or so, they must have huge uninstall rate - why the hell are they so high in top lists?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mil84 View Post
    Sure, it's always subjective opinion, in my opinion Flappy bird is great game - I mean great idea. Definitely not "crappy app". But still it's matter of perspective, you can discuss about this...

But apps I listed in my 1st post are really crappy apps, and you can look on them from every possible angle, they are just crappy or clones That's what I wanted to say, how it's possible that such crappy app are not banned (as they are breaking several rules) or at least filtered by Google (as they are crappy). They occupy almost whole Top New Free list, and many other Top Lists. Look at their ratings, most of them are belo 4, some even like 3.5 or so, they must have huge uninstall rate - why the hell are they so high in top lists?
    "Care Bears Rainbow Playtime" is featured on the Google Play homepage. So the staff has played this game and thought it deserves a featuring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avradu1984 View Post
    "Care Bears Rainbow Playtime" is featured on the Google Play homepage. So the staff has played this game and thought it deserves a featuring.
    I do not understand, how can game with 3.7 rating be featured, when 1 milion users thinks it's (politely said) just an average? Google once again surprised me...Nevermind

What I was trying to said - that guy has has more than 100 games but maybe 20 of them are unique. Do you consider it normal? It's like if Runkeeper released 30 games with names like "Running in January" "Running in February"..."Running in December" etc - and of course they will take like 20 place in Top List. Than imagine there are many big companies, and they will do the same. I am curious how you can then find some good app when top lists will be full of such "cloned" apps.

Somebody should manually look around Top Lists and throw away repetetive apps from same developers - otherway when this won't be punished, more and more developer will start making such apps in this "manufacture" style and it will be really disaster.
    Last edited by mil84; 2014-08-07 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Even though it's against the rules to post repetitive content, I am yet to see a game banned for this reason.

I've seen games with rating lower than 3.5 getting featured by Google so this isn't a surprise.

Google decides to feature games based on a few things: quality, uniqueness, income. The most important is the income I suspect. You will rarely find featured games without IAP. It's understandable, it's business: why would they feature totally free games (maybe sponsored by ads) when they can feature paid or freemium games that get them more money?

I have a few jigsaw puzzle games released and all of them are better than Jigty Jigsaw Puzzles (game made by Outfit, creators of Talking Tom), far better! However, my games were never featured but Outfit's game has (for a long time, in a lot of places). So why did that happen? Because my games were free (with ads) while the other game had a lot if IAP: to download new images you had to pay.

I think the best thing you can do regarding your frustration is to understand what they are doing and learn from them. Try and understand why that game got featured, play it, understand the concept and find out the reasons (or at least guess them). You will benefit a lot more from learning than from being frustrated.

And trust me, I am very frustrated, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Have you seen any of those stupid Minecraft castle PE apps that are literally just images? I have seen a lot of those before top in personalization and some other categories.

They all have a really bad rating of 3.5 and lower, they are literally just garbage and I have no idea they manage to be placed at the near top...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's a question I've been asking myself for a very long time now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast