Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacchan23 View Post
    Today my first app got suspended for:
    - Your title and/or description attempts to impersonate or leverage another popular product without permission.

It's simply a Theme/Skin application to be applied to a popular 3rd party application. Of course the name of that application was included in my app title and description.
    I have hundreds of such skin/themes application as well as there are many more from other developers.

Anyway my question is:
    If I move all my apps to a newly made Developer Account, this new account will start again from zero "strikes"? or Google will also accumulate suspensions from other accounts together to reach the limit needed for banning the Account?

Thanks
    UPDATE
    Just wanted to update my situation. Today Google reinstated my suspended application.
    Just yesterday I used the online form (attaching a screenshot of an Email from the copyright holder giving me permission to use the name in my app too) to ask for revising a suspended app case and one day later it was solved by Google with this reply:

Hi,

We appreciate the opportunity to review your app's removal. Upon further review, we've accepted your appeal and have reinstated your app.

You will need to log back into your Google Play Developer Console to re-publish the application so it is available again on Google Play.

For more information on Google Play policies please visit our app policy help guide, Content Policy, and Developer Distribution Agreement.
    Regards,
    The Google Play Team
    So some points from my experience:
    1) attaching some kind of proof in case of copyright/impersonation problems seems to bypass the automatic bot reply (which everyone usually is getting) and reach a human being who actually reviews the case.
    2) a screenshot of an email seems to be enough as proof (honestly I was scared they may have wanted something more... which I had no idea of how to provide anyway)
    3) they reviewed the case even after one month was passed (I didn't do it earlier because it took quite some time to receive the authorization letter from the copyright holder)
    4) I guess if I sent my appeal first without waiting for the authorization letter, Google would have automatically confirmed the suspension and I couldn't have revised it even after getting the authorization letter
    Last edited by tacchan23; 2015-01-06 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello ppl! My dev account is suspended few days ago because two apps that I have contain celebrity images, as Google support replied to me. I tried to explain that those apps only have images uploaded by users and nothing else but they strictly said that I must provide them the documents that says that images are open source for everybody and after that they will review my apps again.

I just wanted to ask you guys did someone had similar experience and what do you think that document they require should contain? The images are 100% created and submitted by users (nightlife and party shots).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdvrk View Post
    Hello ppl! My dev account is suspended few days ago because two apps that I have contain celebrity images, as Google support replied to me. I tried to explain that those apps only have images uploaded by users and nothing else but they strictly said that I must provide them the documents that says that images are open source for everybody and after that they will review my apps again.

I just wanted to ask you guys did someone had similar experience and what do you think that document they require should contain? The images are 100% created and submitted by users (nightlife and party shots).
    You just need to find that website's T&Cs where it discusses user content. Just link Google to that, provided it answers Google's concerns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

I made "monopoly" game for google play. I called it "Monopoli" and the rules are slide different (almost the same).
    I'm worried that my game can be removed from the store too. For now it is not. It has over 200k total downloads but I want to make sure that it will not violate the Hasbro's trademark.
    I've found this blog that shows what is trademarked, but I'm not legal person and have no idea if I violate something.
    This is the Monopoly trademark blog: Monopoly?s trademark monopoly: Boardwalk, Free Parking, Go To Jail, Title Deed and More - Erik M Pelton & Associates, PLLC ? The Nontraditional Trademark Lawyers®
    This is my game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.lan.Monopoli
    You can see the game also in my website: The best Board Games Online - play for free

Please tell me what you think. I don't want to get penalized from google.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, did anyone solved problem with getting card for purchasing Google Play Account? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone... I'm completely new to Android development. I spent several years learning Java on my own, and then learning the basics of Android development. I have uploaded two apps to the Google Play Store and both got suspended while I was uploading a new version of the app. Both apps made it through the initial publication, but when I went to upload a new apk with additional content, both got pulled.

My second app was related to interesting wikipedia pages, so I've since sent a request for permission to use Wikipedia's trademarks in the app, but I'm not optimistic I'll get anywhere with that. Anyway, for what it's worth, it looks like the trigger for getting reviewed is submission of an updated .apk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Android Data Recovery is a user-friendly program for data recovery. Unlike other recovery tools, it covers a wider range of data types, which includes photos, contacts, messages and so forth, and a wider range of android devices. You can get more Recovery and Transfer solutions from: Android Data Manager
    Last edited by ammyour5; 2015-04-16 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add some info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hi all, quick question - I got one of my apps suspended for "Violation of the impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy." - it was a GTA 5 cheats guide, and I used some artwork from the official screenshots(and the logo), so I understand that it is my fault(but still, the app was meant for the same product - the game). Anyway, I uploaded a new version with no content from Rockstar so I think I should be compliant. I also wrote to them to ask for them to see the app and tell me if they have any objections, still waiting for reply.

Can you tell me if you see something wrong? Thanks!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ta.v.cheats.pc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaloyanBeshev View Post
    Hi all, quick question - I got one of my apps suspended for "Violation of the impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy." - it was a GTA 5 cheats guide, and I used some artwork from the official screenshots(and the logo), so I understand that it is my fault(but still, the app was meant for the same product - the game). Anyway, I uploaded a new version with no content from Rockstar so I think I should be compliant. I also wrote to them to ask for them to see the app and tell me if they have any objections, still waiting for reply.

Can you tell me if you see something wrong? Thanks!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ta.v.cheats.pc
    Even the name of gta is a reason for your app to be suspended. Many developers have had same probs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anteos View Post
    Even the name of gta is a reason for your app to be suspended. Many developers have had same probs.
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I unpublished it, until I get an answer from Rockstar. Because I saw other apps, like this one, I thought that it isn't a problem:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gtap.gtacheats

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast