First app, earnings so far, need opinions! (AdMob)

Hey guys, I have just joined the forums today after lurking for months, and I’m happy to say I have released my first ever app on Google Play!

Since I don’t have any experience with AdMob, or any other ad networks for that matter, I’d like your opinions about my stats so far.

I have done no prior promotions or anything and have spent no money on the app (except the $25 for the Dev account), and I have started to do some marketing a day ago.
So far, I have 513 downloads and 210 Installs on active devices (although it hasn’t been updated for a day, so it is probably a bit more)
The download numbers per day constantly increases each day, 90 more today than yesterday. Today, I got 4,145 impressions and a revenue of about $1.2. Now, the weird thing is that today I had an RPM of $0.3.
Yesterday I had an RPM of $0.6, and 3,645 impressions and made about $2.1 (the highest I have earned in a day so far).

I have read somewhere that it is normal for new apps to have inconsistent RPM, maybe that’s what’s happening?
Anyways, here are some stats:

Stats for 8 days:

[i]- Type: Game (Spotted a market gap so the kinda game I made is quite demanded)

• Average rating: 4 (Surprisingly people really like it, of course there are a couple of people rating 1, leaving troll comments)
  • Total impressions so far: 15,091
  • Total clicks so far: 82
  • Average RPM: $0.35
  • Impression CTR: 0.68%
  • Revenue: $5.2
    I have a banner at the top of the screen, which is always visible, and I run 1 interstitial per session.
  • Most of the traffic comes from Poland, Germany and Turkey.[/i]

Personally, I am satisfied with how the app is doing, even though the RPM seems low, I achieved all of this without any promotion, and only in 8 days. Also it’s my first app, which makes it a lot more exciting.
I’m sure someone can tell me if these statistics are normal for a new app.

Anyways, I will post another update about how the app is doing after a month.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post :slight_smile:

Damn you made an app and made 5 dollars in 8 days? That’s a really good job, I didn’t make anything for the first 4 months after I published my first games and apps

Oh really? I’m much more satisfied with how the app is doing so far after hearing that lol. By the way, since I have posted this I have made over $10. I’m looking for ways to promote the app at the moment.

Congratulation on your first app. Your first app is doing far better than mine. I earned about 10$ in 3 months. LOL
Good Luck. I don’t worry about the rpm and stuff. We can’t really do anything about it. It’s just luck. My Rpm fluctuates from 0.3$ to 0.8$. I use only Admob.

Long term lurker, first time poster here too.

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your numbers and congratulations on releasing. I’m finding that the harder part as the fear of failure is taking over.

What marketing are you planning on trying? Although it looks like it’s doing rather well already.

Long term lurker, first time poster here too.

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your numbers and congratulations on releasing. I’m finding that the harder part as the fear of failure is taking over.

What marketing are you planning on trying? Although it looks like it’s doing rather well already.

No problem.

I’m sure most of the beginner devs have that feeling too, but if you don’t try, you won’t succeed. And even if you fail, keep trying until it works out.
Anyways, at this point I’m not going to do any marketing for this app, because it literally doesn’t need it. I’m getting well over 1k downloads a day, simply because there are basically no other games that do what mine does. And of course the demand for the type of game I made is high. I believe that if you can make an app/game that’s unique, you will get lots and lots of downloads.

I’ll post another update on the app soon, finalizing the stats for the last 30 days, and sharing some tips that I learned.