Huge downloads drop

Hello guys
Google can ruin your day and I think this is true… I had almost 30k installs every day and in 23th of July something was happened, check this out:

I think it is connected to GP update (Improvements for smaller app downloads on Google Play | Android Developers Blog) but I am not 100% sure… Did you spot any difference after 23th of July? Any solution :D?

Best

all.jpg

installs.jpg

I have exactly the same problem at the same date (22th → 23th July). A huge drop in installs (aprox. the half). Only in one of my apps (the best one). It´s happening in all countries, android versions ,… Other of my apps are working as expected.
Many time of research and I havent found any tip or explanation.
I think it may be that my game was being promoted by google.
Other explanations may be: Pokemons, Olympic games, vacations,…
Regards
P.P.

i think the recommendation list were shuffled that day, giving more priority to older apps. I had some apps going up and some going down…

Looks like this up&downs will become a regular thing from now on… I’m experiencing the same (not in the same date range) … I never had this before so seems a new way to compensate the market… but I only see benefit for us… or did you had such amount of downloads during last years? I guess not…

Still no one with an increase that day.

I had a game that increased after the 23 July change. But it seems the changes were reverted the day before yesterday, so now for me everything is how it used to be before the 23th

I guess this is an across the board thing, because I am also experience the same issue. Almost a 75% drop in daily installs.

There is a recovery, now almost 30k per day so I am quite happy :slight_smile: freaking google…

My god - 30k download, my dream…

Some drop in downloads recently :

Selling android account:
clash royale in spell valley arena
Lv 7 King Tower.
had 39 card commun lvl 7 /rare :4 /epic 1 and 2
1472 trouphès
clash of clan lvl 58
3 builder and 303 gems
TH presq 7 max
screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/amir.ghrb/p...60211501079609
contact me on facebook: hamdi.wali.7
payement method: google play 15DollaRS card

I think it may be that my game was being promoted by google.
Other explanations may be: Pokemons, Olympic games, vacations,…

I have the same issue, the download dropped from August 10th, and no recovered so far… That could be the permanent change…

are you check the app keyword rank too?
maybe it dropped too…

Wow! 30k a day it’s amazing!