Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 120
  1. #31
    Member Matthewek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    POLAND
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes, they are shameless

    Very shy to tell, because your app 'construction city' earning me good income, I'm going to publish 2 more, please don't get mad about me, and I sure that you also found that there got over 10 apps just as same as what I'm doing... Yap, maybe you can try for your new apps, within 48 hours you will see your apps get in top 100..
    No, I just have 1 acc, because I'm still 'new', I just join the group on October... I'm making USD15 daily now, and my senior can make USD450 daily...


    www.matim-dev.com -> learn game development (80+ articles)

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I agree with you on the session length effect on income. I have just 1 app with daily active users of around 2000 for more than a year now. It makes around 50-60$ from admob which i believe is very good for 2000 users per day. If i add appbrain i can add easily extra 15-20$(for now its disabled)

  3. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
  4. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idleboy View Post
    I agree with you on the session length effect on income. I have just 1 app with daily active users of around 2000 for more than a year now. It makes around 50-60$ from admob which i believe is very good for 2000 users per day. If i add appbrain i can add easily extra 15-20$(for now its disabled)
    Using this "universal" factor calculation (for DAU = 2000, dailyrevenue = $60):

    DAU x sessionlength / dailyrevenue
    = 2000 x sessionlength / $60 = 13.5K DAU seconds per dollar (taken from calculation in previous post)

    suggesting:
    sessionlength = 405 seconds (or 6.75 minutes) - this is roughly a ballpark figure

    Maybe later if you ever get a measure of session length (average) you could confirm if is correct (ballpark).

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    WordHero's metric is: 9900 DAU seconds per USD.

    Since lower is better, it would be interesting to see how low you could get this number with > 10k DAU (to smooth things out) and banners only...
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  6. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
  7. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    WordHero's metric is: 9900 DAU seconds per USD.

    Since lower is better, it would be interesting to see how low you could get this number with > 10k DAU (to smooth things out) and banners only...

    Yes, this might actually be a fairly anonymous way for people to report the performance of their app - since you don't have to reveal either your DAU or your revenue (!)

  8. #36
    Senior Member toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i dont think session length should be incorporated into revenue calculation. it all depends on a lot of factors, returning vs new, ctr, ads it self. if your app is a chess game you will obviously have high session length which doesnt mean you will create more revenue for yourself. am i understanding this correct?

  9. Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
  10. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    i dont think session length should be incorporated into revenue calculation. it all depends on a lot of factors, returning vs new, ctr, ads it self. if your app is a chess game you will obviously have high session length which doesnt mean you will create more revenue for yourself. am i understanding this correct?
    Session length should be in there. What you end up with is a number XYZ seconds/USD. ie: how many seconds of user time it costs your users so that you can earn 1 USD.

    This allows someone with 1000 DAU and short session length to compare how well their app monetizes with someone else who has 100k DAU and long session length.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  11. Likes toxic, adforandroidapps liked this post
    Thanks adforandroidapps thanked for this post
  12. #38
    Senior Member toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    Session length should be in there. What you end up with is a number XYZ seconds/USD. ie: how many seconds of user time it costs your users so that you can earn 1 USD.

    This allows someone with 1000 DAU and short session length to compare how well their app monetizes with someone else who has 100k DAU and long session length.
    ah okay, now I see why you would want that number lower. in that case: DAU*session lenght(sec)/revenue($)

    my number would be 5050 DAU seconds per dollar from yesterday's stats... It used to be closer to half of that when admob was giving decent revenues two weeks ago.

  13. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
  14. #39
    Senior Member toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I see couple things wrong/unusual with that:

    1. My app has not saturated enough and is not popular yet
    2. I am a genius at monetizing through ads, LOL

    I am swinging towards 1st choice
    Last edited by toxic; 2013-11-14 at 07:34 PM.

  15. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    I see couple things wrong/unusual with that:

    1. My app has not saturated enough and is not popular yet
    2. I am a genius at monetizing through ads, LOL

    I am swinging towards 1st choice

    Also... the number is meaningless without knowing HOW you are monetizing. ie: banners will monetize lower than full-screen video ads
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. make call fees to zero
    By sirmghsbd in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2013-10-25, 08:57 AM
  2. How to Make the Most from my App?
    By Mobario_Man in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2013-09-03, 04:27 AM
  3. Who can make my app?
    By cyprusx in forum Income Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-07-08, 10:06 PM
  4. [Mother day livewallpaper] Motherís Day Carnation 3D Live Wallpaper
    By doremon in forum Promote Your Android App
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2013-05-06, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •