Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone got the google support email address?

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oates View Post
    +1 Did not really do much, can I ask people how often they are releasing apps on there accounts? The apps that are released is there already a few like them? Have they already released similar apps and are they using a similar description. Any info in general you are happy to give about the app.
    I was releasing an app every month and i have done this for over a year. My apps are for thailand specific. educational. My apps have thai language in the app so thai's can actually read the instructions etc. not many other apps do this. Now, when thai people search in their own language they seem to get apps in english, not Thai - they are useless. Google have stuffed it up!

    I think they have definitely changed the weighting of the name for rankings.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowy View Post
    Anyone got the google support email address?
    HAHAHAHAHA.... you must be new here ?
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  4. Likes A1ka1inE, I0OoIolIlO, Magnesus, Skurry liked this post
  5. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixio View Post
    Hi mates!

    I have te same situation. I think that G+ has nothing in common... I noticed that before you might have typed phrase followed by two words and it was searching both keywords but now it shows applications which have at least one of the keywords, so competition grows! What is more, before you might have packed as many words as you could into title and it raised your position in ranking. But now it searches more accurate applications, so for phrase "Doll", the application "Doll" is higher than "Pretty Doll". Do you agree with it?
    i dont agree with it. I believe what has happened is whenever we click a app there is section called similar apps in google play. Looks like they changed something there which is causing the decrease in downloads. Now i see that for paid apps if you look at similar apps section its showing paid apps at the top even though they are not so relevant. Previosuly for a paid app it used to show free apps or paid apps depending on the relevance....

    i think google is giving more priority to paid apps. May be releasing a paid app might tell us more...

  6. #25
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowy View Post
    Anyone got the google support email address?
    The only way of contacting them would be to fill out one of their stupid, pre-filled forms, which are hard to find too.

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idleboy View Post
    i dont agree with it. I believe what has happened is whenever we click a app there is section called similar apps in google play. Looks like they changed something there which is causing the decrease in downloads. Now i see that for paid apps if you look at similar apps section its showing paid apps at the top even though they are not so relevant. Previosuly for a paid app it used to show free apps or paid apps depending on the relevance....

    i think google is giving more priority to paid apps. May be releasing a paid app might tell us more...
    Hmm it seems this is the change they've made. Frankly I don't understand it because their model was always based on advertising. They just f... us good as the loss in downloads by 50% is quite significant...

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rixment View Post
    Hmm it seems this is the change they've made. Frankly I don't understand it because their model was always based on advertising. They just f... us good as the loss in downloads by 50% is quite significant...
    It is easy to understand.... I imagine this is what happened inside Google HQ:

    Google Exec: we want more money !
    Google Product Manger (PM): lets reduce what we pay devs for Admob ads
    Google Exec: AWESOME! Do it!!!!

    (sometime later)

    Google Exec: Nobody is using Admob... wtf ? WE NEED MORE MONEY !!!!
    Google PM: Well, that's because we reduced the amount of money we pay to Admob ... so nobody uses it any more.
    Google Exec: Give me solutions, not problem!
    Google PM: People only look at the top apps in the lists. So lets re-prioritize the app lists so we show paid apps at the top!

    <insert your guess as to what the effect of this will be>
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

  9. Likes A1ka1inE liked this post
  10. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    It is easy to understand.... I imagine this is what happened inside Google HQ:

    Google Exec: we want more money !
    Google Product Manger (PM): lets reduce what we pay devs for Admob ads
    Google Exec: AWESOME! Do it!!!!

    (sometime later)

    Google Exec: Nobody is using Admob... wtf ? WE NEED MORE MONEY !!!!
    Google PM: Well, that's because we reduced the amount of money we pay to Admob ... so nobody uses it any more.
    Google Exec: Give me solutions, not problem!
    Google PM: People only look at the top apps in the lists. So lets re-prioritize the app lists so we show paid apps at the top!

    <insert your guess as to what the effect of this will be>
    I think it looked more like...

    - Nobody's (marginal amount) buying paid apps/games on our store!
    - What can we do about it?
    - Let prioritize those apps/games higher in some rankings, then there'll be bigger chance of grabbing some paid-app income

    .. which probably doesn't make sense as most of the Google's customers got accustomed having everything for free (gmail, youtube etc). But maybe they're changing their sails and as the next stop we'll see paid youtube content and a gmail account... ;]
    Last edited by rixment; 2013-11-20 at 07:26 PM.

  11. Likes A1ka1inE liked this post
  12. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rixment View Post
    I think it looked more like...

    - Nobody's (marginal amount) buying paid apps/games on our store!
    - What can we do about it?
    - Let prioritize those apps/games higher in some rankings, then there'll be bigger chance of grabbing some paid-app income

    .. which probably doesn't make sense as most of the Google's customers got accustomed having everything for free (gmail, youtube etc). But maybe they're changing their sails and as the next stop we'll see paid youtube content and a gmail account... ;]
    Now i see that even for free apps they are showing paid games on top. crazy!! Some of the games are not even related. They just belong to same category...i think paid apps are the way to go...Any ideas how to promote a paid app?

  13. #30
    Senior Member A1ka1inE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idleboy View Post
    Now i see that even for free apps they are showing paid games on top. crazy!! Some of the games are not even related. They just belong to same category...i think paid apps are the way to go...Any ideas how to promote a paid app?
    Get reviews done by trusted Android review sites (give them it for free to review of course).

    Offer Lite/Trial/limited time Full version alongside it.

    Run an ad campaign to the free version above^.

    Get it featured on those Facebook pages with Android followers.

    Run house ads too.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drop in downloads
    By vitoralm in forum Marketing Methods
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2013-04-09, 12:26 PM
  2. Airpush ecpm huge drop
    By androiddev in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2012-12-06, 05:44 PM
  3. Admob ecpm drop 95% to almost zero
    By cfdd in forum Advertising Networks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2012-10-18, 05:54 AM
  4. Downloads drop after 30 days...
    By megasoft78 in forum Marketing Methods
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2012-09-20, 03:58 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-09-17, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •