Still making a living

Hi all,

long time no new posts. I know that some of you invested in full time apps development.
I have only one question - are you still making a living with apps/games.
How many of you did return to 8h daily job.

Yes, I am still making a living with apps/games. But I think app business can’t last for long though.

Making enough to make living.
I think it depends on the country also where u are living in.

$250 per day is enough to make living for me.

Let me tell you that I am still in full time job. Though I mix my apps work in my daily job as well.

Planning to leave my full time job soon.

Don’t quit apps can quickly drop overnight unexpectedly.

I still do. Altough from my old hits - my new games although higher quality always flop. :slight_smile:

Yes. Games are kind of saturated these days unless huge money is spent on paid marketing.
But still they work in slower pace.

I will retain my full time job untill i will cross $1000 per day.

For me it was a very easy decision - I lost my office job, so I had no choice but to live from this (and freelancing at first). Turned out quite well in comparison.

IMO, earning with Android isn’t as easy as before. If you are new to this field, better retain your job. If you had a few legitimate apps with million(s) downloads and good retention rate for now, you could consider quit your job.

Yeah, nowadays it’s definitely MUCH harder that it was one or two years ago. Indie devs helped to build GP, now the game / app studios are taking over. Days when you just made and published an app and got downloads are over. However, there is still some money to be made.

In my opinion, this was never easy for Indies. The devs that had teams and studios behind them were the ones making any money, and still continue to this day.

There is competition, but less and less NEW competition, at least in my niche.

I’m still making a living and getting better each day… I published my app last 2013 and I quit my job in 2014…

How much per day and what networks?

Thanks a lot. i need it

its always nice to hear when someone become able to quit a boring job … wish you all the very best ahead, and please discuss your success story with the folks here

The same here. However, there is still room for niche games

1 app for only $100 - $200+ per day with Appodealand Pollfish.

In my country you can live nicely with $25/day…

I want to quit my job after two years of office work in programming Xamarin, I work 8 hours a day at office on the android WP10 ios development with xamarin and I work three hours the evening at home, I am very tired, but I’m 10 years of salary ahead of the other employee im my country.but with the instability of the market I very afraid :frowning:

Yeah, same here! There’s no way I would quit my job if I dont hit the $1000 barrier.
And, unfortunately, I am not even close! Not by a mile even! Sad

What country are you from dude?

Australia! How about you?