Sharp decline in number of downloads and revenue?

Hi,

did anyone else experience a sharp decline lately? My income has plummeted 20% in the last 20 days and and the number of new users has also fallen by 25%. Before that I was reaching record highs.

Here’s a chart of my income from May 2014 to September 2015 (no $$$ values, just the income movement): Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (I use AdMob only)

I did experience sharp drops before, then also didn’t know why, but this time it looks a bit more serious.

Anyone else in a similar situation and do you have a clue what could be causing this?

Thanks.

I had bad results with pure admob, than I tried appodeal and now everything is fine. Admob is still dominating in their network, but it’s eCPM is 2-3.5$, good for me. 60% USA users, interstitial only

I still have good eCPM’s, the lower earnings are due to less new users. :-/ Some of my apps have lost up to 50% daily DL’s from one day to another.

I am using following ad networks.

• pure admob
  • heyZap mediation
  • appodeal
  • avocarrot

Pure admob earnings has increased 30-40% for me. Do not know what’s the reason. Usually I try finding reason when earnings is low :cool:.

HeyZap is doing OK and still on my few apps.

Appodeal/avocarrot is also doing fine.

@gcc: Good to know! :slight_smile: So it’s not universal. I’ve contacted my account manager over at Google and let’s see if there is a specific reason for my lower numbers. Anyway, like I said, good to know that the World is not falling apart, heh.

Or try finding if someone has made similar apps as yours or cloned the app after tempering. That might be one of another reasons to divide the traffic. Few Thai bas***ds are doing that these days as per one article. I missing that link.
Though such apps do not live long.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, my apps were cloned many times before, or copied almost 1:1. But I reported all of them, and even the ones I didn’t report yet, were taken down by Google.