How much can a live wallpaper app earns?

Hi all,

Just wonder how much can a live wallpaper app earns per day?
Anyone with experience to share.
Thank you.

Will live wallpaper apps get banned easily by google play?

If the live wallpaper doesn’t violate any copyright, I don’t see any reason why it will get banned easily.

I agree with Shuiwo,
and about the money question… its hard to say accurately but mere pennys… maybe a couple of dollars a year in my opinion. but then again depends which wallpaper and what monetization method…
I heard about some handdrawn fairy wallpapers that are making hundreds per month…

Live Wallpapers won’t generate much income with ads, since you got no place to display them except in the settings.

There is no reason why you can’t make as much as money as with ‘normal’ apps if you sell the LWPs though.

LWPs works in the past, but not now.

Live Wallpapers! are you serious ? I mean, I wish you all the very best, but there is a mere space to invest in such application. Plus you can easily get banned if you used already published work. However a general wallpapers application is a much better idea

Well, of course you get banned if you use copyrighted material. Such as with any other app

Yes, and eventually you need be a great graphic designer to design a really cool and attractive live wallpaper. Otherwise you have to hire someone, and it will require investment. So, its a good idea only if you want to develop an application to mark your presence in the market only. Forget about the monetization.

It’s the same for a game tho. You need to invest in good graphics too, so whats the difference to a live wallpaper?

Monetisation. Game could monetise well, but most of the time LWPs couldn’t. The ARPDAU is so different.

Thats not really an answer to my question since you are just stating that a game could monetise well, yet I can say the same about LWPs…

correct, but you cant compare a game with a live wallpaper. In fact a game requires more resources like investment, time and expertise. However, Its all about the likelihood… game apps are more attractive thus they are more potent when it comes about the monetization… and this is not the case with live wallpapers. No one will encourage, a simple wallpaper app with a lot of ads and all this. So, such kind of an app cannot perform well in terms of monetization

Most of my apps are monetized. I do not exactly how much, but you won’t be disappointed :). You can also use some additional apps from your devices. I monetize my mobile apps via Home | Appodeal . It is good idea.

Of course, games need more expertise and take longer to develop (if you’re not going to publish a crap game). But then you have the advantage, that while you build 1 game, you could also make 10 live wallpapers.

True… with a marketing centered approach yes, quantity matters I am now having a slight different view about live wallpapers; if they are stunning then you can expect a good number of downloads. but the main issue is related with their sustainability in terms of retention. I mean, no one gonna keep a wallpaper there for month or even for days, so your really have to deliver them with something new each day. There are some services doing it, and they are having a fine business . I personally like Backgrounds HD ( Wallpapers ). I believe it to be a perfect application as it comes with something new each day, however they provides static wallpapers but look at that, 50 MILLION DOWNLOADS .

So, Static wallpapers can also be a good choice, as there is a common understanding in masses that live wallpapeprs are gonna eat their phones batterer like a monster :slight_smile:

Quantity matters, quality shouldn’t suffer though :slight_smile:

I agree with you, games are good for long time customers, but I can say from my own experience, that live wallpapers are used for quite some time too. Also, while they are installed they can be used for push notifications (in house marketing).

Can’t say much about static live wallpapers since they are not my business, but I’m surprised at some downloadrates because they are static images after all :stuck_out_tongue:

@re4lity

so… you have decided to go for live wallpapers… great. are you going to create them personally? or have a graphic designer hired? secondly about the static wallpapers. Any image cannot get set as an optimal wallpaper, only a specific size works for me. in fact you can set any image but it doesn’t gets fixed like a wallpaper. I think they are not just static images, they are designed as wallpapers and may be when we download them we get a copy specifically altered to get set with our phone. like its dimensions, pixels etc…

yes you are true about their astonishing download rates… as I have mentioned above, its because of some miss understanding about the live wallpapers, and sometimes allegations which are made against them appears to be true. Like the rate of battery consumption unwanted wake up of device and a reduced performance are a few things to mention while in free version, you better know about the ads…

I have checked your app, gonna download that moon wallpaper its looking cool, stay turned for my review :slight_smile:

I am doing them with a team, we are 2 coders. I create many graphics on my own, but I also have a professional graphic designer.

I know the problem with the image sizes, but resizing them isn’t much work.

yes you are true about their astonishing download rates… as I have mentioned above, its because of some miss understanding about the live wallpapers, and sometimes allegations which are made against them appears to be true. Like the rate of battery consumption unwanted wake up of device and a reduced performance are a few things to mention while in free version, you better know about the ads…

I have checked your app, gonna download that moon wallpaper its looking cool, stay turned for my review :slight_smile:

Battery consumption is a problem indeed, but you can minimize it with a proper implementation. I think the wrong impressions are mostly created by live wallpapers that are poorly implemented.

Any review is highly appreciated btw, thanks :slight_smile:

hey… I really read that disclaimer again and again, before finally raising the brevity level in my heart. If its really necessary for you guys to come up with such a strict kind of Disclaimer? I thoughts, this application is really going to hook my phone and me as well. So, I think it needs a review now, as its quite a threatening type of one.

The other thing, which I really dont like in your application is that, It don’t creates any shortcut. It is something potent enough to ring the bells in an average users mind … any specific reasons due?