What to do when Users start leaving bad reviews about Ads?

I have a couple of apps that run a banner at the bottom and an interstitial at times. My overall ratings are good, but every once in a while I’ll get a 1 star review specifically complaining about the number of adds. I’m honestly not spamming users with ads, but there are ads throughout the app and those secondary ads make me the most money in all of my apps. Should I adjust the time the secondary ads are shown and possibly lose some ad revenue or just leave it and accept that people will complain about ads regardless?

if you overall app rating is 4 or above I wouldn’t sweat it much. Or you can make your users watch a video once and remove the interstitials. It might be better as user experience goes and video ads pay better on average.

how about an IAP to remove ads?

I usually do banner + interstitial every 3rd game over (running games), didn’t have such issues

Don’t remove ads, man. How are you going to get paid? I agree with @the_count . If you’re at a 4 star avaerage and stay there, this is nothing to get worried about. Bad reviews are basically unavoidable at some level.

Keep calm and leave the ads alone

All you can do is find a balance. Some people are never pleased, even when they get tons of content.

Your app’s rating is important, but so are your revenues.

https://vine.co/v/Ow5VEp3AdhU

You can get good reviews here on the forum or using a rating exchange community, that will help you :slight_smile:

Yeah, use a review exchange to bring the average up if some stupid reviews pull it down. And you can’t avoid stupid reviews. I have one review of my game that says, “I wanted to download Alpha Betty, but I kept downloading this game. I didn’t want this game, I wanted Alpha Betty.” 1 star. What the hell am I supposed to do with that?

So I reduced the ads and updated the app. After it was published I got like a half dozen 1 star reviews in a row complaining all about the ads and my app dropped 4 placed… arg! >:-0

I think that in the end he was right.