profit vs marketing expenses

Hello guys ,

I recently used Facebook ads to promote one of my game. CTR was like 1.5%. cost me about 0.06 per click. but I afraid I cant make profit 0.06 per user. So share your opinion / experience about how to balance marketing and profit.

thank you

Keep in mind that probably not every click turned into an install. 0.06 per user would be awesome, normally it’s orders of magnitude higher.

Do you use any marketing method for your apps / games or just ASO

Could you share your experience with Facebook ads?

@appy
Did you track installs? Check out Tune, they are really good at attribution. You fill find out how much did you actually pay per install.

well it turned out it costed like $0.5 per install. but I keep testing with ad settings

I didn’t tracked the installs but after I checked them with google publisher dashboard. it costs me like $0.5 per install from developing countries. what is tune ?

Ok but Google dashboard doesn’t really show you downloads per source, i.e. how many were fro Facebook, how many organic, etc.
As for Tune, have a look here: Mobile App Tracking | by TUNE
There are many companies doing install attribution like Adjust, Kochava and others.

thank you. I’ll try that

Facebook ads are tough, its real art to make the per install value low and keep getting high number of daily downloads. It’s like they’ll give you a good day when you pay 10 cents per download but you can’t scale it up:( Maybe try appbrain - starts at 20 cents and are non incentive installs.

Appbrain´s volumes are very low… useless

Why? Can’t you promote your app with other companies too? Get low volume from AppBrain, get low volume from Chartboost, get low volume from Facebook, but put them all together and you got something.

Right?