Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mind View Post
    You would be surprised what sort of income a single game can bring in..... *cough* .... Candy Crush.... *cough* .... even if it was IOS or Android only....
    mind, the thing with candy crush is the well thought out user acquisition plan. You have no lives left in the game?, spam your FB friends to ask for life and some of them will install the game to check out what this fuss is all about. So you have 4 users onboard from 1 user on an average hence you can place a bid of $4 on ad networks to get users. That's how indie devs don't stand a chance against candy crush.

The above trick is excellent but only few indie dev take the pain to think how to acquire users. user acquisition is much tougher job than developing apps and games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pongman View Post
    mind, the thing with candy crush is the well thought out user acquisition plan. You have no lives left in the game?, spam your FB friends to ask for life and some of them will install the game to check out what this fuss is all about. So you have 4 users onboard from 1 user on an average hence you can place a bid of $4 on ad networks to get users. That's how indie devs don't stand a chance against candy crush.

The above trick is excellent but only few indie dev take the pain to think how to acquire users. user acquisition is much tougher job than developing apps and games.
    thats one of at least 10 techniques candy crush uses to acquire users. and 1 user doesn't magically become worth 4x. if it was that easy, everyone would do it.
    $0.08 CPI in USA, non-incentive installs, real users, real players.
    Instagram Shoutouts for Mobile Apps & Games!
    Learn How to Setup Instagram Campaigns here https://shoutcartblog.wordpress.com/...pps-and-games/

3. Likes pongman, Magnesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    thats one of at least 10 techniques candy crush uses to acquire users. and 1 user doesn't magically become worth 4x. if it was that easy, everyone would do it.
    Care to list all the user acquisition tricks CC uses that you can think of ?
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, last months in android gamedev made me think what to do. In 2013 I made a game that made it to the top 10 in many top tier countries in Christmas season and I remember that on 25th of December it made 2500 usd alone. In one day. 100 000 downloads. Now I watch as my revenue goes up a bit and then downloads on next Monday just fall to new lows despite anything I do. I make by far better games today but they sometimes do not get any downloads at all. Well at least this adventure paid off my 30 years mortgage loan and left me with some savings - should be enough for a vegetable shop or a cafeteria :-)

6. Likes byivan, Javanshir, tom_dataspin.io liked this post
    Thanks Magnesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, things are getting too bad. I read an article, saying that 1.6% of all developers earn multiple times more than the rest. Sometimes no matter how awesome your app is, users just don't find it. Big companies are getting all the pie. Seems like we are going to end up working in one of them one day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's more and more difficult. Maybe Google will start to delete some apps in Google Play as the market is saturated with bad apps. Now we have a choice: spam a lot or make quality app. For the later, success is not guaranteed infortunately

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    With quality games that are cross-platform you can always see success on another platform. At least I hope. If not, I've just wasted 6 months.

10. Likes mzg liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12