How much do you make per download?

I guess this can go into this forum.

I have a freemium productivity app that has consistently earned me $0.15 per download. One in 10 users buys the premium iap and Google shaves away their cut and applicable taxes. I thought this was not too bad but when I tried to buy some CPI ads, the CPI for me was around $1, so 6x what I earn from one install.

So my questions:

1. How much do you earn per download of your free/freemium apps?

2. Is there any kind of advertising that could work for my app given what I earn per download (and without raising the price)?

1. It depends, I had been earning from the range of $0.5 to $0.10. I know some developers can earn as low as $0.01, or as high as $1++.

2. No idea on that. Would like to know too.

Thanks for the info. $0.5 is pretty sweet, but even when earning $1 per download, CPI campaigns wouldn’t be that financially viable. Unless…

1. What are the the benefits of getting more downloads? If getting more downloads through CPI results in the app being ranked higher and getting more organic downloads, then earning money from CPI campaigns would be the ancillary benefit, while the main benefit would be the resulting increase in organic downloads. Is that how CPI works, is that its point?

Here is some data:

Impressions: 2,583
Clicks: 178
Installs: 4
CTR: 6.89%
CR: 2.25%
eCPM: $4.83
Earning: $12.48

Yea around 0.1 to 0.5 but it sometimes jumps to even higher.
My income is usually very steady with app-brain.

Mean of 0.008 eur out of 64k total downloads with my 4 games…i guess i estabilished a new record for all time lowest gain per download :frowning:

Mine is $0.02 per download. Which factors (geo,session length, ad provider, …etc) did you find to be the most important to get high $$/download?