Cost of Hiring Individual Programmers vs a Company

Hi All,

I have about 90 apps on google play and apple stores and earning around $50 p/Day.

Up until this point I have been programming everything myself and am now trying to outsource. I’m curious - has anyone had to deal with hiring programmers before?

The idea is that I hire someone on a retainer to work between 20-30 hours per week. I have a starting budget of $100 p/week. Do you think it would be more cost effective to hire an individual or go through a company with a project manager.

I’m thinking a company with a project manager could potentially be far more expensive than hiring and managing someone internally (althought the obvious advantage is the manager can save you time).

I’d love to hear any feedback and experiences others have been through.

Cheers,
Simon

@simon.anderson6
So, you want to hire a developer for $3 - $4 per hour? And you want to make it through a company, that will most likely take between 25% - 50% of that for themselves? I live in a poor country in Europe and I get 8x more than that in regular job, while people working on contract usually get about 2x more (as working on contract you don’t have any guarantees that you will still have the work next month).

[edit]
Ok, so I guess you’re looking for some advice… I’ll give you one. $50 daily is a nice income. You can survive off of that, no matter where you live, I wish I could say the same about me. If you’re good with graphics and bad with programming, keep releasing small and beautiful apps till you hit the jackpot and start earning $100++ daily from one app. If you are more of a programmer, focus on bigger apps now (2 - 6 months full time job for one developer) and outsource the graphics. I don’t think you can get a good programmer working for you for less than $10 / hour. Finding a good and cheap developer in India is not an easy task.

I am a computer engineer and have 5 years software experience. No good programmer will work less than 20$ per hour (I dont even tell how much I would ask). You can find an indian programmer with that budget but it will just be a waste of time and money. But of course you wont be persuaded by my ideas because you will think that I am not objective. So I recommend you to go and find such a programmer and experience it and than you will believe me :smiley:

Bless your heart. $100 will get you about an hour (2 hours if youre lucky) a week of a programmers time.

Your living on the wrong coast - I’m a tech writer (no code writing, just writing about others code) in the Tacoma area and wouldn’t get out of bed for less than $45 ph. And I’m not a programmer.

Thats what I am talking about but I live in Turkey so here it is possible to find a good programmer about 20$ and also I didnt say I will work for that amount :slight_smile:

:cool: - Absolutely, its a tough skill-set to sell away for pennies.