Furry Quest Online - in development

I decided to make a thread about the game I’m making. Its text & images only MMORPG. I’ve seen some threads for un-released apps on this subforum and I decided to follow them. After the release, I’ll share the data with you guys. At the moment I can just show you some screenshots. More general info about the game available on my blog Furry Quest Online - independent Android MMO RPG by vaKtu! (I see no point in writing it everywhere all over again, so I link to my site).
This will be my app icon (might be changed, but I’m very bad with graphics so it will probably stay as it is now).

What do you think about it? Its good or I won’t get the downloads with it?

iconnew4.jpg

Just released TODAY (02.09.2015) :slight_smile: Get it now :slight_smile:
Furry Quest Online MMORPG for Android

hard to tell… is it my cup of tee… no… but someone else may love it.
this is pure android app. When I think about a game, I see a game engine, nice graphics [eye Candy], good sounds and good story.
What I see, in other threads too, is that many dont think about the GUI and Graphic Design. I am not an Artist and this is why I buy my graphics like many others :smiley:

It looks nice but more like an action game icon. I think its too fancy for a text based mmorpg.

Thanks for your input :slight_smile: Well, I can’t affoard to outsource the graphics. And I’m aware of that when the average Android user thinks about the game, he thinks about something beautiful running fast, and he wants to just tap the screen to make it jump. However, I hope I’ll find my niche of ~50 - 100k players who will like my idea of MMORPG.
Anyway, any design or gameplay suggestions are welcome. Here is how battle summary looks right now:
[edit] nope, it looks ugly after inserting it here, image resolution is too big and I can’t downscale it on-the-fly on this forum. I’ll have to decrease its size first.
[edit2] Hmm, I removed the attachments from the code but can’t remove them from thubnails now… Well, I think its not the best idea to attach screens on this forum.

bs.jpg

bs.jpg

They look nice in your blog. I think its ok to give link there.

Thanks for keeping us updated with your game.

Though it isn’t my kind of game, it looks decent. :slight_smile:

Are you writing a blog to keep people like us updated or do you plan to advertise with your blog also?

I’m planning to keep everyone updated and spread the word before the game is out. If I find anyone interested in the development process, or in the game itself, I’ll point them to that website. Every day it seems its getting harder to reach the players, so I decided to start talking about it before the launch. It is a big project for me, so I do my best to help it succeed.

I’m in a similar position myself.

Do you think it’s useful to promote before the launch? What’s the idea? To make people “remember” the game title until it launches?

At the moment I don’t really promote the site because I still have a lot of things to improve. When I’m 1 week before the launch, I’ll start promoting it, writing on forums etc. Having some posts on my blog will show the progress and give some idea about what is this game. At the launch date and after the launch, I’ll obviously focus on linking to the game on Google Play, but I’ll also have the page with some content, and if a user will get interested, he’ll check the page and find some information there.
I think promoting before the launch must be very focused on people who might really be interested on your game. The purpose is to find some people who will wait for your game and download it just when it pops to the market, and then they’ll play it actively and spread the word about it.