UnityAds

I am about to finish my latest app. I was thinking about using UnityAds in the app for ingame rewards if users watch a video and sometimes an image ad at the end of a level or at the begining of the app.

I tried to search the internet for some reviews but didn’t find anything good only a reddit post and it wasn’t that encouraging.

Has anyone tried UnityAds yet? How are they? Is it worth switching from Admob to use that or should I just stick with admob.

What are your experiences?

Thanks

We use them since 1 1/2 years now and are very satisfied with them.
We have ecpm rates of $10 in US, Japan and Korea, $5-7ecpm in GB, Australia and Middle Europe and $2-3ecpm in low tier countries.
World wide fill rates are between 85 and 90%.

In the end it depends on your app and how motivated your users are to watch your videos. There is a possibilty to earn more than you earn with admob, but if people don’t want to watch some videos you could also earn less.

I get a $5-6 ECPM but a %40 fill rate. Its a good network though

I wonder if you made something wrong with your ad requests. The fill rate shouldn’t be this low.

Yes, a user was saying that on reddit. He was getting 35% fill rate. But then again I heard people getting low fill rates on admob too sooooo… there has to be a catch :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies, really helpful!

i am using them since a pair of months too, and i am getting very low fill rates too (around 35%).

I ve checked multiple times my code and it works everytime it should (it is not that hard to code it :D). I contacted them and they too told me i should not have such low fill rates, then they asked some more info about my app, i gave them those info…and never got any other answer back.
The number of ads i am showing now are pretty few, so it would not change that much even having a 100% fill rate, so for now i am ignoring this problem until i, hopefully, will have enough daily impressions for it to really matter

What r u saying. Crossy roads earned 1M dollors from unity ads

Yeah. That matches with our numbers. About 1.5-2cents per app download from Unity Ads.

@StevePof, i have several question about Unity and video ads, can you please answer them:
How do you show video ads to player? By time interval? If yes, what’s the time interval to show another video ad? 3 minutes or 10 minutes?
Before you show a video ad, will you show a confirm dialog to ask user to watch this video?
Does Unity ads only have video ads?

Hey, we only offer them as rewarded videos in exchange for ingame currency. So we offer players to opt-in and give them the possibility to watch as many videos in a row until Unitys inventory runs empty. We don’t warn them before a video starts, since it’s expectable from a button that offers you free gems and increases the process to watch multiple videos.
If you show videos in the same moment, you’d show normal interstitials your benifit from them won’t be really much. Usually video interstitials don’t generate a much higher ecpm than images.
Unity only seems to have videos. There is a function in their SDK for picture backfill, but somehow it didn’t work when we tried it.

@StevePof, Thanks a lot for your detail and quick answer. I almost understand what you do with Unity ads. But still a little things to get more clear. I don’t really understand what OPT-IN mean, since I am not a native english speaker, sorry for that. So do you mean something like putting a “watch video for free gems” button in the store screen of you game? So what else does the “OPT-IN” do on player?

That’s right. Opt-in simply means that you let the player decide if he wants to watch a video or not. For example you can put a button in your menus showing the text “Get free gems” with an icon of a TV or something like that on it to make it catchy.

Hi @StevePof, I am implementing the Unity ads, and it has incentive video ads and non-incentive video ads, do you use both of them, or either one of them in your game? If you use both them, what’s the priority of using them? And, are their fillrate and ecpm the same? or not?