How much dollars per download do you earn with mobile ads?

A friend from another forum posted such a question. Also,he posted a link to an article that “teaches” us how to determine the revenue given the number of downloads (How to Calculate Mobile Ad Revenue | Chron.com)

The article says one earns $12,240 per 100,000 downloads.

All my games sum up around 500,000 downloads but my revenue is so far from the estimated earnings that it’s almost impossible for me to believe in the article.

Can you give me an estimation of how far (or close) are your revenues from the estimation above?

I wonder how retarded you need to be to write such an article. Did you read how they calculated this? That wasn’t even funny anymore. About any sentence in this article is complete bullshit.

I didn’t wrote this article.

I think it’s wrong but I want to know for sure.

Regards.

No no no. With “you” I meant the same as “one”. I knew you didn’t write it. I’d say the average ad income per download is 1.5 cents on Android and 6 cents on iOS. Something close to this.

So the value estimated in the article is close to reality ($12,240 / 100,000 gives us $0.1224).

What worries me a lot is that if the article is right I’m one of the worst Android business man of the world. I must be doing something extremely wrong because my revenue is ridiculously low for 500,000 downloads.

The calculation is so absurd that I’m amazed they even calculated a number with this. For example stuff like “90% of people deinstall an app after 5 minutes” or “one ad every 30 seconds.” Those stats are just so wrong in every way.
What do you currently earn per download, if I may ask?

I can say that if I’ve earned 50% of the $12,240for my 500,000 downloads I’d consider myself a successful businesses man.

I am not sure. I also depends on the app itself. If you use banners or interstitials or even videos and how often you show tem. Where most of your downloads are from (countries) and how high your retention rate is.

For rough estimation, I get somewhere between $0.03 to $0.05 for each download.

It is higher than what I was expecting.

Thank you for sharing.

It is roughly 0.02$ per download, only interstitials from admob

Did you guys read the author’s bio ? Former English professor who now manages a small stock fund. Probably don’t want to buy stocks this guy recommends since he fails basic math :slight_smile:

I don’t think he is completely off Mind.
He assumes 3eCPM (which existed in 2012 for iOS). He also assumed 30 ad impressions per download (which not many apps has). if you agree with those 2 assumptions, it accurate.

The reality for Android apps today is 2 cents to 12 cents depending on stickiness and how well developer mediates ads for the app.

Thank you for sharing.

You can generate $0.12 per download if they are coming from USA, sure :slight_smile: just with ads too, no i-apps. I’ve done it.

On average though, its $0.02 worldwide, maybe $0.03 if you add two christmas season into the total.

You are correct. He also assumes you have 10% retention which is a bit low. If you had retention that low, you wouldn’t get 30 ad impressions per download.

Thank you for sharing.

Wow, is it so bad?

I’m a newbie here. Please bear with me.

Are you guys talking about impression based ad revenue (and not CPI based ad revenue) ?

Assuming an eCPM of 3$, and a download count of 100,000, let’s say that 10,000 users play the game to the fullest (3 hours) contributing 180 impressions (one interstitial ad per minute) per user.
This means that I’ll get a total of 1,800,000 impressions which translates to 5,400$.

Are my calculations sound? I was a infact little pessimistic about eCPM and number of users who’ll play a decent game to the fullest or half way through.

Thanks.

I think its much more than that for a decent-good app, for my 4 most popular apps i got $0.09 , $0.07, $0.05 & $0.035 per download respectively. A clon of White tiles we made in 2 games gave us $0.05 per download.

If I’m not wrong. nowadays the vast majority of ads are either CPC or CPI, so it seems you’re very optimistic (but of course I may be wrong)

My big problem is that my games are far from decent :frowning: