Which Ad SDK Should I Go With?

Hi all,

I’m getting closer to releasing an app I’ve been working on for a couple weeks (don’t underestimate a couple of weeks; many, many hours). It will be a productivity tool/utility. Because of the very nature of the app, it in itself won’t be viewed that much. I.e., The user will do some action on the app, the app does some service in the background, and the user might revisit it later that day, or another day. Because of this, banner ads, in my opinion, will not be appropriate nor effective. I’m thinking some type of full screen* ad on open/close, as I’ll really have to capitalize on every chance that the user uses the app (as it will only be used once/a couple of times a day).

Criteria:
[ul]
[li]Big name, popular ones. (Don’t want to try smaller, less well-known ones as they may or may not be Google Play policy complient.)[/li][li]NO notification ads (ads through the notification bar). I’ve seen how they can absolutely decimate apps’ reviews.[/li][/ul]

Currently Looking At:
[ul]
[li] Startapp[/li][li] Mobilecore[/li][/ul]

Has anyone here had ad revenue success with similar apps (apps that get used in short periods for only once/a few times a day)? Which ad SDKs have you had success with?

Open to all input. :slight_smile:

The Splash ads from Startapp work pretty well

Looking at the type of ads Startapp offers, it definitely seems pretty intriguing. Thanks for this, I’ll take a look. :slight_smile:

Stickeez from MobileCore also great. They pay less than interstitial in my case but a small icon appears on the screen. They are very cute :slight_smile:

Alright. I’ve done some research (including on these forums) and it looks like both StartApp and MobileCore are solid, reputable companies. I think I will give these both a shot.

yep you can’t go wrong with either , good luck with your app

If I got this right, both pay you for downloads and for the actual ads (i.e. clicks)?

Hi there,

I would like to recommend checking out the Airpush Bundle 1 SDK. It includes our new 360 banner ads, smart wall and pay per download where you can earn up to $0.04 per new USA user install and EULA opt in along with CPMs on the display ads. You can review our demo site here: Airpush Showcase | Interactive Demo Portal.

For 3rd party markets, our Bundle 2 SDK pays up to $0.05 per new user install and EULA opt in world wide, at a $50 eCPM and can be used along side your Google Play apps.

Please PM me any questions.

Cheers,
Nick