Help for testing...

Hi guys,
anyone can help me to test my game?

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vesbuxe54t5c7r8/FifteenPuzzleX-0.14a.apk

I recently added to slide tiles using swipe (I keep the tap) and to play the game using pictures from gallery.

Any help or feedback will be very appreciated! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gabriele

I downloaded it. Will let you know if I see any issues.

hi gigabreakfast,
thank you! :slight_smile:

I’ve played it on:
• Huawei M835 phone (240x320 screen size). Numbers only, 'cause I don’t have images on that phone. Tapping works, dragging works, the puzzle fits the screen. :smiley:

• A Samsung Galaxy S variant. Tried image mode. Everything seems OK. Except, when I pressed back to exit the game, I did it thoughtlessly and didn’t realize that I’d lose my progress :frowning:

Overall, a very nicely made game and adding the images/sliding really takes it to a new level! throws confetti

Hi gigabreakfast,
Thank you for testing it.
When you press back button from home screen did you get confirmation?
Is your Galaxy rooted?
A friend of mine just report a crash selecting image with s3 (jelly bean) .
OS version?

I did get the dialog asking if I wanted to exit. But I always get those dialogs when exiting apps, so I didn’t think about it very much and just clicked “yes”.

It’s running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Not rooted. No crash here.

I’ll investigate! Thank you :slight_smile:

Just tried the game too. Everything seemed to be working fine. I got a confirmation dialog both when trying to exit the current game (mode) and when trying to exit the whole game itself.
Nice app. :slight_smile:

Also about your other topic about AdMob mediation - I almost only saw Appbrain banners while playing FYI :slight_smile:

Edit: Tested on a ZTE Blade btw

Just tried it on a Nexus 7 tablet running Jelly Bean and it looks and plays really nice. My wife likes this genre and is enjoying playing it. :slight_smile:

However, there seems to be an issue with image mode for me at least where I can`t seem to successfully select an image when trying to play image mode. It just seems to go around in a loop.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select image mode and press play.
  2. Complete action using dialog is displayed. I have the choices I have Image Gallery or ASTRO File Manager as options.
  3. Select image and return to game screen.
  4. Press Play again. Cycle repeats from step 2.

I tried using both image gallery and the file manager and seem to have the same result. However something else weird happened in that I downloaded an image from the web to test the file manager part. This was then automatically imported into the image gallery. When trying to select that particular image from the gallery I got a game crash each time I selected just that image.

The URL of the image I tried to use is http://xkcd.com/1125/

Hope this helps. If I can help in any way let me know.

Hi guys,
thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:
I recently upload a new version and I hope it’s working now.
Could you please test the issue in JB when selecting an image?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vesbuxe54t5c7r8/FifteenPuzzleX-0.14a.apk

Ive had another go im no longer getting crashes when selecting from the gallery so I can now play in image mode :), but still get crashes if I try and select an image via the Astro File Manager method.

Im still getting the continuous looping issue, but I think ive narrowed it down. I have some images in my gallery that are synced with my picasa account (which I presume is now part of Google+, haven`t used it for some time). If I pick one of those I get the continuous loop. If I find some random image off the net and download to my Nexus 7 and pick that it works just fine.

Hi Spudgun,
Could give again the logcat when your crashes and loops happens?
Thank you very much for your support! :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
here an updated version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4im5dd3rfrgws2x/FifteenPuzzleX-0.14b.apk

Can anyone give it another test?

Thank you,
Gabriele