Google Play Developer Name

I apologise if I’m asking stupid questions, hopefully at some point in the future I can give back useful advice! :smiley:

I’m yet to release my first android game, but haven’t opened a Google Developer account yet. I plan to do this right before launch.

I just have a quick question about the developer name that people see when they access your app on Google Play store. I’m a one-man shop and am currently planning to release free ad-supported apps. I don’t have any current plans for paid apps/in-app purchases so a Google Merchant account is not on my current radar. I just wanted to check if there are any restrictions on the developer name you are allowed to use on Google Play. I see that some people have aliases (that don’t appear to be companies) whereas I’ve seen some who use their real name.

Using my real name wouldn’t be a show-stopper, but using an alias would be preferable. Googling doesn’t seem to turn up much on the subject for Android, but for Apple it seems a completely different kettle of fish!

Some people seem pretty paranoid about using their real name (this was mostly on iOS development forums), but can’t decide whether this is well-founded or not.

Oops, looks like it has kinda been answered here: http://makingmoneywithandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=704

I did go back through the threads first, but obviously missed this one.

u better create an account earlier because some times there is a delay in their google checkout system to process your $25. this happened to me and it took one week to create my account

you know the flollog point in mind

every time you need
new ip address
new credit card
new g mai l account
new mobile phone
new recovery e mai l
clear google cookie etc
one user on sky pe ritu.rathore6
can provide you the help for as much as you want
you account will never block