Localization

I was thinking of adding localization for a bunch of languages.

Has anyone seen any improvement to downloads or active users based on this? Just wondering if the time will be worthwhile. I will go ahead and add it for the languages that seem to be downloading the app according to google market.

Check out this thread for some perspective on localization. I’ve never localized any of my apps, and I have a fair few users with English as a second language. That said, I’ve never come across someone who can’t speak English.

In my opinion it’s not worth the time, for a smallish app. Of course this depends on your target audience and the purpose of the app. But given that most people can speak English, and most advertising is targeted to English-speaking countries, that’s probably a pretty safe bet.

My app is localized to English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Soon, I will try to implement Korean and Japanese. I add a language, when I see there were few downloads in that language. Until now I can’t say that it’s beneficial.It’s more like a service. You never know…