Does Merchant account name much match Developer's name?

Hi,

I’m getting more and more e-mails from users saying “I love your app but would like to play without ads - how can I send you money to get it?” so it’s probably about time to start supplementing ad revenue with real sales.

Now, I operate under a name that does not exactly match a name of my company. So far I haven’t setup the merchant account so it wasn’t a problem but now I wonder how it works. Couldn’t find much information anywhere and this thread suggests Google takes this stuff seriously.

Does anyone have experience with this? I’m sure merchant account must match exactly the company name for legal reasons so no problem there. But can developer’s name not match merchant account? My company name is quite long and ugly to be honest (and I cannot change it to what I’d like as there are some formal restrictions about naming companies in my country).

Thanks,
Max

P.S. Sorry for posting it under ‘Marketing methods’ but I couldn’t find more proper place for it. And after all - brand identity is an important part of marketing, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

I’m not really sure of the requirements here. For my account, the names match but I’m just a sole trader so there’s no officially registered company.

I was under the impression that the Google Play developer name is somewhat arbitrary. I’ve never seen anything that says it has to conform to any particular rules (although I could be wrong about this). It is possible to change your Developer Name quite easily, with no verification needed before the change applies.