google play install numbers wrong

So I checked my installs today and saw +30,000 installs. Thinking wow, must have gotten reviewed or something. But was too good to be true, looked back at the market later today and noticed they have a message that the market numbers are being reported wrong: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1626957

Darn, too good to be true indeed.

By the way, what is the y-axis on the Installs graph on an app’s Google Play page? If it’s just total number of installs, it should always go up, and never dip right? Or is the y-axis active installs?

The graph CAN go down. It will when more ppl deinstalling than installing which happens after high peaks (completely normal) because the lower download numbers after the peak (a review or something) will come together with various deinstalls of that peak (which occur later)

nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

Yeah, I got +380,000 total installs for Fake iPhone! Unfortunately the advertising impressions didn’t reflect this :wink: All the numbers back down to normal again today.

This is getting pretty annoying. The statistics are wrong or not updated at all almost every day… This should not happen to a corporation like Google. I guess some people need to get fired.

Yeah the y-axis should just be active users which means it can go down due to uninstalls or attrition.