Are people getting banned?

Hey Guys,

I have had two people tell me that their account has been terminated by Google due to violations of Content Policy & Developer Distribution Agreement.

They were both waiting until the end of the month for other networks to come out with their new SDK. And they had promised to put SendDroid SDK in their apps as well. Because they weren’t already using SendDroid, I have no reason to believe that we were in any way, shape or form responsible for this. However, I want to know if any of you had any troubles?

My understanding was that Google had given a certain timeline before they’d take action And that timeline is not over yet.

I will ask them if they updated their apps ‘after’ the policy came out with the older SDK or is it just because they were not compliant with the new policy. It becomes more difficult with Google’s nature being ‘ban first and never ask questions’.

[i]This is the email that one of the developers got from Google

[b]This is a notification that your Google Play Publisher account has been terminated.

REASON FOR TERMINATION: Multiple violations of the Content Policy and Developer Distribution Agreement as outlined in previous emails sent to the registered email address of your Publisher account.

Please note that Google Play Publisher terminations are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. If you feel we have made an error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this termination.

Please do not attempt to register a new developer account. We will not be restoring your account at this time.

The Google Play Team[/b]
[/i]

I’m not worried about developers using the SendDroid SDK because we have made all the changes necessary to be compliant. As far as I know, Leadbolt has done the same too. I don’t know about other networks. But if these two suspensions were in fact as a result of policy violation in relation to ads, then I’d be very wary of losing developers due to non-compliance of other networks.

Tell me what you make of it.

Cheers
Chandler

I think that policy start from day zero for new apps and old ones has 30 days to apply new rules, my guess is that they count time from app update or 30 days after they announce new rules so what expires before. I can be wrong because this is just my interpretation.

Did they get warrnign emails?

Apparently the ‘previous emails’ refer to the email sent to all developers about the new policy update

Yes, we are compliant. We will be releasing an updated SDK this week that further enhances compliance with new additional features.

Thanks for the update Frank. :slight_smile:

No worries. :smiley:

This is the default message of Google of any content violation, not necessarily notification ads. A friend of mine had an account terminated due to a copyright issue. First, one of his apps was suspended. Some weeks later he submitted a similar app and the account was terminated, because of this “multiple violation”. The message mentions “… outlined in previous emails sent…” because he received an email when the first app was suspended.

So. First they tell you you are doing something wrong. And only next step is being banned?
If I understand this

If you have an app that violates the content policy it is suspended. If you publish another app that also violates the rules you are banned due to “multiple violations”.

I have an app which was suspended, but my account was not terminated.

Can you share with us, what did you do, that app was suspendend?
[hr]
Did you have game named Save the Chicks?

I think this can be the bigest issue. If you google this, there can be quiete some games found under this name…

Maybe someone has reported you…

The app had copyrighted pictures. It happened before the new google policy.
[hr]
I just noticed Airpush stopped serving icon ads…

Oh. OK.

And yes. No more Icon ads from AirPush. I can see that in my console…

Anything else?

Are icon ads also banned on Leadbolt ?

Someone from Leadbolt please comment, I don’t want my apps to be removed by Google Coorp.

My opinion is that airpush is disabling icon ads till they get their sdk sorted… but that’s just my opinion :slight_smile:

Icon ads are not banned… lets see this line:

“Ads must not make changes to the functioning of the user’s device outside the ad by doing things such as installing shortcuts, bookmarks or icons or changing default settings without the user’s knowledge and consent.”

Basically the user must be told what is going to happen,and they must click a button saying “I agree” to install the icons.

The hard part is here:

“If an ad makes such changes it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, by either adjusting the settings on the device, advertising preferences in the app, or uninstalling the app altogether.”

Uninstalling apps currently does not remove icon ads that the app creates. This will be against the rules I am afraid.

I am no lawyer, just another developer, so take what I am saying as another opinion.

We have currently put Icon Ads on hold too. Until we get some form of clarification, we’re not willing to risk our business and that of developers by messing with the grey area.

If we do hear from Google and get any clarification, I’ll be sure to update you guys here.

Hey SendDroid, are your icon ads still on hold ?

Hey there bud,

No the icon ads are enabled.

We do require that if you are indeed going to use the Icon Ads, then you should use our optional Opt In as well.

What Opt In mechanism are you using?

my Airpush Icon Ads are still generating revenue, not sure what you’re talking about.
I have been getting $5 - $7 CPM consistently on Icon Ads.

Hello Making Money Forum,

I just wanted to reach out to you all to let you know that we take the Google Developer Guidelines very seriously and that all of our ad types are 100% compliant with them. We also work closely with our developers and I can assure you that ZERO Airpush developers have been banned by Google for using our SDK.

Feel free to message me directly if you have any questions or additional concerns.

Thanks
Phil from Airpush