Revmob - anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried RevMob? Are the earnings worth having those fullscreen (and kinda annoying) interstitial ads popping up? There’s some hype about this ad network, but I’m not sure I want to wreck my good reviews by showing their interstitials. (They recommend showing them on app startup and every 60 seconds when user isn’t busy).

Some description: Their interstitial ads are full screen with a close button; they just say “DOWNLOAD A FREE GAME” with a big “OK” button on them. Their banner ads are very eye catching - just “DOWNLOAD A FREE GAME” on a yellow background. They also suggest you add a “More Games” button in the app, which leads directly to a game on Google Play (not an app wall).

Thanks for the input.

I’ve used them for over a month and a half now.

They advertise $25-$50 ecpm… please don’t fall for that trap…

I get between $1.xx to $2.xx range ecpm. Nothing to shout about. Other interstitials also can easily perform at that level.

I also did not follow their suggestion on ad implementation. I just don’t agree on showing the ad on start up of your app.

What is really annoying though, is that with their ads being a CPA type, and that it is full screen ads, I was shocked it at times make only $0.02 per install!! Bloody horrible I tell you…

My overall opinion: just another full screen ad…

I tried their sdk, never updated my games with it. In my opinion the only interstitial being “DOWNLOAD A FREE GAME” is too suspicious and feels cheap compared to interstitial with a picture of real game on it.

There are reports about them and they are far from amazing in these reports, 2 - 5 cents per install its very low at this rate you can get 25 dollars if you have conversion ratio from 50 - 90%, some banner ads pay more for click. Personally tried a few games that uses them and they lags as hell when you click on “more games button” you need to wait at least 4+ seconds to open a picture and plus one more to open a google play store (these lag is only with them every other network are opened in blink of eye). They have a small offer of games so user will see a same game again and again and again (tested), and when user see same game few times in row there is a huge chance that he/she will not click again anytime in future. This network got some hype with bombastic 25 - 50 dollars eCPMs but for now based on real reports they are just average full page ad network with 1 - 3 dollars eCPMs.

I am waiting for superheromob - 1.000.000 eCPM without doing anything but stick your finger in the nose.

I think since the climate debate all those car sellers are know going to start their own ad network somehow … xD

just think about it … where should all the advertisers come? They just resell ads from other networks - completely normal in the web-world since years. So why should they have any better eCPM than anyone else? Advertisers would not pay more for advertising when they can have the same result for lower money - so eCPM generelly is about the same (long term) for all networks/adtypes

I think that no one out there takes serious their marketing about 25 - 50 dollars eCPMs but 2 cents for CPA is a way too low.

yea that’s definitely true, even admob banner CPC is ~3ct

I tried.
I hated it.
I removed it.
Enough ?

@fanarin

Can you share some numbers like eCPM, CPA price and so on?

So… can anyone suggest a decent ad network for interstitials?

Wow, thanks for the replies. I have removed their interstitials from my app now. I see they also have new banners - but they’re just different colors/designs, and don’t specify what game it links to. Maybe that style leads to better results for them?

I’m also trying the AppBrain app wall. I’ve only had a few installs from the wall, but I see I get about 10 - 28 cents for an install. Is this also low for a CPA ad?

Sure, I stopped it after using 2 days.
Plus, I received negative ratings because of this full screen ad.

But i think, i would be a millionaire if I use a full-screen ad network, which is paying per by click, any suggestions =) ? :blush:

I tried their banner ads for a little more than a week. I don’t get many impressions per day (about 55 - 125). But from what I’ve seen, the click through rates are high, like 10-15%. However people were not installing. I think people were curious as to what the mystery game is, but the advertised games themselves may not be that appealing to my audience. Based on my experience, and what others have said about RevMob, I took their ads out of my app. Though I’m still getting some residual impressions from older versions of my app.

And then finally, I got one install. The payout? … 3 cents. For a CPA ad. Nah, they’re not “Ads that will make you rich” as their tagline goes.

Inner-active offer full-screen ads, and seem to be PPC. See this thread.