Remove ads: in-app purchase or new paid version?

Hi,
I’ve published a free app with ads.
Now I want to give the option to my users to remove the ads and I was wondering which is the best option. In-app purchase or a new paid version?
Which are the pros and cons?
Which one is better for avoiding piracy?

My top tips which really work and help to boost traffic for your Android app:

Optimize youASO. This is easy, but imporant step for your app ranking on the store;

Huge number of installs and reviews can make your app more visible for organic users and they really work for getting better position in the Top. It’s usually done through a companies like [b]KeenMobi[/b]

Build a friend relations with your customers and serach potential one through social media. Also, this is way which helps ot make your app viral when many users will share your app link in their timeline;

Connect with press for make your app notice and attract more audience;

This doesn’t answer my question.

Hi Developer,

To answer your question, why don´t you consider publishing a paid version without ads (and maybe some extra service, to make it extra attractive).
Then see which app performs better- the free one with ads or the paid one. Which one makes you more money has a lot to do with 1) how many users you have and impressions you show and
2) The price-point of your paid app.

Another thing you can play around with is the type of ad you are showing to your audience- banner, interstitial, etc. Good companies will have a variety of options for your ad displays.
Lastly, what kind of app do you have? Game apps are heading in the direction of rewarded video ads. Something that you be useful to your users and the monetization of your app.

Well that’s an interesting question. I think performance monetary wise is similar. The factors I see are

1. In paid version you have to support two different apps. While with in-app products there is one app (albeit with a slightly more complicated code)
  2. With paid version you have one price. With inapp you could sell more than one features so there is more granularity to what people decide to buy.
  3. Now google play declares if an app has in app products. Maybe there is a (small) difference in downloads compared to a completely free app

Thank you for your answers.
The question principally rose up because I’m worried about all the websites that share apks for free (Apkpure, Aptoide, …).
If the apk is that of an app with advertise, there’s no problems, you still earn from who download it, but if it is a paid version without ads you lose potential earnings.
I’ve never implemented In-app purchase, so I need some time to do it and test it, while publishing a paid version is easier and doesn’t require test.

Sorry for my out of topic.

I want to say regarding your question: the ultimite decision regarding to the paid version or in-app product will be up to you. As a rule the free apps have revenue due to placing ads and in-apps products. Accordingly the free version of paid apps will be significantly limited in its features and will play role of adverticement for paid app.
In case you have enough time and energy to build new version with additional functions - you can use this option; in case you feel that in-app products and ads bring you enough money - you can leave the idea of paid version of app

I finally opted for in-app purchase.
The conversion rate is very low, 1 on 10000. I will try to add some features in the premium version.