Admob report

Hello guys i have seen David is doing an awesome job i thought i should share my stats too currently using admob and iad only
although ecpm is not even comparable to anyone stats but still it pays good

[attachment=165]

Great numbers - I don’t think you need to care for your eCPM :wink: I would guess, that your refresh rate is very high, so you get very much impressions but low CTR. But that’s just numbers, it currently does not look like it has any big influence on eCPC

I currently get mostly the minimum CPC of 0.01 … so admob is not performing well at the moment :slight_smile:

Holy shit! 45m impressions in a month !??! Get your ass off Admob. You should be able to average at least $0.30 on another ad network. Your CTR will go up too due to better adverts!

you cannot tell - it depends on the actual ad refresh time. It seems to refresh very fast, so the ctr is low - cpm is just a calculated number

refresh time is 30 sec i am looking forward to move to inneractive or tapjoy sooner

Sure, but even if he drops his refresh from 30sec to 1 minute, that means 20m adverts/month. He should be able to do better than $3k/month on 20m adverts!

It’s not only refresh time but also a type of application that is important. For example audio players with ads - most of the time the app is used no one is looking at it. For this kind of app you’d get huge number of impressions but very low CTR. Like here.
I don’t think switching to another network will make an order of magnitude difference.

@imx17

Can you share a link to your apps?

{full disclosure, I work for Chartboost. That said:}

Banners typically have extremely low eCPMs. If you want to monetize through ads, I recommend switching to the full screen interstitial model. They can be configured to display at unobtrusive locations (i.e. after a level has been completed) to not interrupt the user experience. With this method we’ve seen eCPMs range from $5.00 to $25.00 For a good example of this in action, check out Coin Dozer.

Chartboost isn’t the only company out there that does this (take a look at Playhaven for another example) but we do optimize a little differently than most. While the majority of ad networks will serve you whatever ad they have and then take a huge cut, we put the emphasis on optimization. On Chartboost, you can identify which advertisers have the best conversion in your app and then make deals with them free of charge.

If you want to learn more, feel free to check us out at Chartboost.com or shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks!
Nate

Those stats looks like Angry Birds to me, right? :slight_smile: Ready? Set? Let’s copy cat!

Haha, The stats posted are awesome, especially for an independent developer. Great Job! But don’t get anywhere near Angry Birds. If I remember correctly, I read that at one point Angry Birds was making close to a million USD, per month, from ads. :cool: All platforms combined obviously.

Actually, they published a figure of $106 million in 2011 from sales and merchandising. I am don’t know about you, but I don’t see the word advertising in “sales and merchandising” :slight_smile:

its wallpapers app

and i am not even near to angry birds stats but my next project which is going to be out soon it will really be flying high or thats at least i hope for i just changed my all efforts and moved onto something big which i alone cant even handle but it was really worth doing sooner you guys see the results

that’s wallpaper stats? impressive. how do you display ads there? I never dived into making wallpapers, so I have never investigated how to monetize them … even not sure, how to do it with ads… can you display an ad on a walllpaper?

C’mon guys, why is that everyone believes what someone writes (no hard feelings imx17, I’m writing in general, right?)? I mean… is it just me here? that I’m always sceptical about these kind of reports? Just think for a minute, or two. Is it sooo incredibly easy to write a simple application and earn k’s of bucks? Why those poor developers that are working for big corporations even bother getting up for a work, when they can just spend a weekend implementing an application that will give them the same (or even more) amount of money for doing absolutely nothing at all (or relaxing on the beach for that matter). C’mon guys, be more sceptical, it’s an online environment, everyone can be who they want to be, everyone can be as creative as their imagination allows.

I wasn’t talking about 2011 or any “sales and merchandising” report in particular.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/03/angry-birds-android-1-million-advertising/
[hr]

I have no doubt that imx17’s report is legit. You make it sound as if any developer who can write a line or 2 of Java is able to make a boatload of money. This simply isn’t true. Check out the “Making a living from Android” thread over here http://makingmoneywithandroid.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=506 Some valid points are raised about the risks involved.

A lot of those developers you are talking about just want a stable income, a 9-to-5 job, medical/dental/retirement coverage etc. They have a family, bills to pay. It’s a huge risk to take. Sure if you are in your early 20s or even early 30, go for it. Some “simple” apps make their devs lots of money, and there’s also a great deal of luck involved (getting featured or not for example, being tweeted about by a celeb etc.) But please don’t make it sound like any programmer can slap together a hit over the weekend, this simply isn’t true.

The screenshot looks a fake because I can’t see anything in the address bar.
How can he get to admob website without an url?
I think he should learn a bit more Photoshop :slight_smile:

@BigWhoop Maybe it is legit and maybe it isn’t. Nobody can prove it no matter what one says, until you’ll see the real money with your own eyes, end of a story. Also what I pointed out was quite opposite (I was being sarcastic). I don’t believe that any developer can spent a day or two and make a wodge amounts of money. It’s simply impossible. The market is already very saturated with different kinds of apps/games and the possibility that you’ll hit the top is close to zero (just like winning in lottery) … of course some ppl sometimes do win :wink:

in my firefox the tabs are above(!) the adressbar :slight_smile: whatever :wink:

thing is, numbers could be wrong, but they could be right also. as long as the app itself is not mentioned there are no kudos for the poster and no respect :wink:

How does he have admob banner ads for live wallpaper ? If you put it in the settings screen it would show only rarely.

Unless the app has a very large installed base.

Where else would a live wallpaper show banner ads ?