your opinion about graphics

Hi guys, I am just trying out 99designs to get better graphics for my game Minesweeper: Unlimited!

would love, if you have a short look and tell me, which you like most. It may be a good opportunity to test the “voting system” they provide.

https://99designs.com/other-art-illustration/vote-sbiz16

thank you!

PS: feel free, to just write your opinion here, not sure how guest friendly that voting system is :slight_smile:

Sent in my votes! It seems to be very guest friendly - I didn’t have to log in or anything, but had the option to rate the top 4 designs & give feedback.

If I had to make a choice, I’d probably go for the red & black color scheme. It seems more “professional” to me. The yellow & black (construction style) still looks good, but just seems more suitable for a shooting game, rather than strategy which is minesweeper.

That’s my personal opinion, but there’s not much between them really.

Glad, that they make it userfriendly :slight_smile: 99designs is really nice i think.

thx for voting, I have a hard time to decide. personally i like the black/red one also, but i fear, that’s just because of my personal taste and the other ones does match the game style very well.

I have just extended the review period to give the other designers more time to accomplish the same complete/professional look to their concepts about the end result.

I also want to archieve TWO focus areas. One the eye catcher and one the title… with the … … colorful concepts that is harder to accomplish.

Would be curious if the designers can read the poll comments as well …

If there is ONE thing I have learned with marketing… SELL THE DREAM, NOT THE PRODUCT !

Design #49 seems to be the clear winner in this regard :slight_smile:

hehe, I know what you mean - that’s the reason why it is in the final. In the end, it just does not look “complete” enough in my opinion in terms of the title (but it was submitted very late).

btw: thanks for your votes, does help me very much :slight_smile:

I like the way 49 takes the approach of lowering you to the trench level. I’d say it’s surprisingly rare that one thinks of minesweeper as anything but a grid with some logic so actually focussing on the “minefield” aspect of it is nice. Unfortunately I’m about to contradict somewhat by saying that I prefer 54 over 49 because it sets expectations by presenting the classic view that most people will understand.

And yes, great interface for deciding this sort of thing.

You may be also have a look at the acutal entries, because, they are getting improved all the time.

#54 already has managed to seperate the title in a manner I do like and now it looks very complete for me, so it seems, this concept will make the race.

Thank you all for yuor opinions - I generelly lack to ability to make decision some how xD

so, the contest ended - many thanks for your votes.

I still feel bad, that the other designers do get nothing (but points) but in the end, hopefully they got some publicity and items for their folio, most of them are very empty, so it is a bit hard to invite designers you know they will fit your desired style.

In the end, I will not stop developing games, and 99designs gives me 2 very important facts:

a) I get good looking images for my games, which - i believe - is very important to have.

b) get’s me an overall insight on how designers solve requests

so, if you are willed to pay the money, you will get good work for it - I also requested an extended review period which was granted very fast without complains.

Also, I raised the default money of 199 $ to 299 because I wanted two concepts (icon + teaser) hopefully, designers feel well with that - curious what the cutoff will be and what the designers will get.

From my point of view: recommendation - especially for the designers there

PS: @mind, it’s the same designer who made the image for word hero :slight_smile: I liked his work, so I invited him, even, when I do not find his current folio very impressive (have to say)
[hr]
drawbacks of 99designs: their cutoff seems to be very high. from my 299 $ contest, the winner only got 175$ … beside the fact, that 99designs tricks you with a referal link to comission junction and rejecting you for their referal program after registration I do not like their business - even when their service is good for developers.

but that’s a personal view