unusual high CPC at admob?

is it just me, or are you also experiencing a unsusal high cpc (still going up) at admob?

over the last week(s) after my experiment the CPC is going up. It is currently at almost 5ct per click … normally it is at 3 ct.

cpc = (revenue / clicks)

Just curious if this is a global phenomenon maybe its normal because in europe school ends for summer holidays and so there is more competition in ad bidding -> more inventory

Yup, same here. 4.5 vs average 2.5 from my stats.

Record high revenue in last few days so I don’t complain :slight_smile:

Would love, if it stay that way xD

For me it’s going up and down every day and I haven’t seen any change. I made a graph for the CPC in the last 30 days for me:

One thing I did notice though was that on the day when I had the worst CPC (which was around 0.3) I had a lot of impressions and clicks from Sweden while when I had my highest (about 0.12) I had a lot of impressions from the US. I seem to get about 1 - 2 cents a click if the click comes from Sweden compared to about 30 cents a click from the US. Probably because most advertisers are targeting for example the US.

I also think I haven’t got enough impressions every day to see if there are any difference in the CPC from day to day, as one day most of my impressions could come from the US and the next they could come from some other country.

For that last month or so I’ve been betting about 4.6-6.5 so its been pretty good.

back to business - CPC dropped below 0.03 again xD

Companies tend to set monthly targets. When it comes to the 25th and looks like they will not hit target, they up the advertising budget :slight_smile:

I get used to it in the meanwhile … it also was start of summer break over here in europe, so maybe that’s another reason :wink: will release my next game today I think…

I know, it’s kinda repetitive, but I found it funny to talk about :slight_smile:

While yesterday, the CPC was at 0.029 I was kinda stunned when looking to admob this morning and finding a CPC of 0.18 (yes! nearly 20 ct per click)

so it seems, they may have (or had) some kind of wierd issues xD

(interestingly this is only true for 1 of my games … )

Have you released it yet? Would love to check out your new game :wink:

released today :wink: look in the “promote your app” section here on the board :wink: or here :wink:

My CPC is still about the same; $0.05 yesterday and today $0.09

Btw, anyone else got awesome eCPM (and CTR) from Australia yesterday?
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I got such high eCPM also today - but from europe. wonder what that was :slight_smile:

maybe we hit a buzz word, which people aimed for? … maybe “holiday”? and the prices were going that high :slight_smile: btw… i got many clicks on it xD

My case is just the opposite. Since June my cpc is like 0.015. These last few days it was at 0.011. Most of the clicks comes from Europe and US.

With this cpc the revenue have dropped by more than half :frowning:

Btw, it’s been a while since last time I see the “refresh” for delayed clicks from AdSense. Are all the clicks totalized in “real time”?

yes the cpc is not high any more - for me its around 0.03 currently my revenue also not looking good at the moment xD

Going down the tube here too. Soon I will have to sell my liver to sustain myself. The worst thing is that beggers probably “earn” more money than android developers :confused:

there is no guarantee to earn a living when programming software and market it yourself (thats what you’re doing with android apps). Noone else is responsible for that than the developer :wink:

Indeed for most of android developers there are better methods to earn money than programming apps - especially when developing an app/game which needs multiple months to develop. Now, IF you are sucessful that way you still have to calculate revenue/ invested hours. Normally you will find yourself working hard for not so much money.

If you look on some developers who publish there sucess on the web you will find out that all of them have different (additional) revenue sources to make a living of, so they do not rely solely on the (instant and stable) income from their software sales (that’s what it is)

It is like speculating in stocks or getting a dayjob … one is save and stable and the other isn’t.

In my mind, a one-man-developer has a chance to make a (good) living from it, but that would mean throwing out new apps/games of decent quality all the time without ever stopping. Sooner or later you can expand and hire developers to code for you … after that you probably get rich :wink:

The word ‘probably’ in last sentence isn’t very reassuring :smiley:
As for the other developers who submit those hefty digits of $$$ on their blogs, I always divide those numbers by thousands. It’s really hard to believe that those simple applications make wadges of greenbacks :wink:

Don’t forget, that many of them started in different times, where there was less competition in comparison to now.

There is still opportunity to make a good game/app and make good $$$ with it (proofed :slight_smile: ) but it is not a rule - it is a opportunity. You will have fails and you will have succeeds, whereas there will be more fails xD

But to cheer you up, you may look in the market, pick random paid games and look on download numbers multiply by price. You can see that there ARE people making $$$ with it. But you will also find many many who does not.

But it is possible :wink:

Also some live in countries (like me - in Poland) where even 50$ a day is a lot. Still, making money from Android apps is hard job - but which isn’t? And I prefer working on games than on stupid webpages or corporation software (like I did before). :slight_smile: