Google Checkout (Wallet) - question

Hi, when you go in Developer console to Financial reports => merchant account => and then select in left menu Payouts => Transactions, you can see your daily income reports. But I absolutely do not understand:

1. what does columns “Credits” and “Debits” means
  2. I can imagine, that credits is my total income per day, debits is what google takes from me. But then Debits should be 30%, what it isn’t - actually it varies from day to day, also from month to month. I would say, that Debits, Credits, Balance columns should be in this ratio 30%:100%:70% but they aren’t.

Anybody knows?

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I looked at some individual transactions (there are days where I only have a single one). Let’s say it’s a $1.00 purchase, it should show as $1.00 credit and $0.30 debit. But in that Transactions report, it shows something like $0.77 credit and $0.07 debit. The net result is still correct ($0.70), but the ratio of debit to credit is off. Probably a bug in Google Wallet? Happens to US and international transactions. For the last few days it seems to be correct though.

The data looks like a big mess to me when analyzed for each day. The good news is that the end of the month results make sense and are coherent.

Are you from Europe? Have you set VAT value for your country? Because Google doesn’t take 30% of it which causes their percentage to be smaller than 30% (but you have to pay that VAT to your IRS-equivalent anyway).

If not - I don’t know why there is a difference…

No I do not have VAT set :slight_smile: It’s strange ratio…Every days is different a bit…Also on the end of month it doesn’t make sense for me, it’s again strange - varies between 20-30%. But when I download generated report from monthly payment, than amount payed from CSV and balance from console are exactly same. Just credits/debets ratio is always bad. Nevermind, I just wanted to know if somebody know what does it mean :slight_smile:

Hm, to be honest, last 4 days (exactly) the data seems to be correct, it is always 30% ± very small differences, like 0.1-0.01% at most. Looks like google finaly changed something…