First 1 1/2 Months

I released Learn To Read in the middle of March on Google Play.

I released on Amazon the beginning of April. Free version. came about a week after paid app.

I released on Nook the last week of April. No free version. They don’t allow separate free versions, you can have a free trial, but I haven’t tried that yet because it involves making the package name the same and I want to mangle my code like that yet.

PAID - selling at $1.59

MARCH
google play - 0
amazon - 18
nook - n/a

APRIL
google play - 6
amazon - 21
nook - 29

total = 74 $117 in sales $82 in earnings

Nook was the best. I only have had it up for a week and it has the most purchases. Unfortunately I have got one 3 star review. It is actually a pretty positive review and if the users take the time to read it I don’t think it will hurt me. I also made changes based on the feedback. But if a user just glances at the 3 stars they might dismiss the app. :S Amazon was next best. I think the tablets do well with my app, as that is what I designed it for, plus both stores have dedicated kids sections which make the app easier to find. My app is so buried in google play it is almost impossible to find.

For the Free version

MARCH
google play - 53
amazon - n/a
nook - n/a

APRIL
google play - 225
amazon - 611
nook - n/a

Total of 889 downloads and $0. No ads because I don’t think they are inappropriate for kids though I may be able to get away with it on google play.

In general this was better than I expected. The app is fairly simple and the target audience is very specific. I invested $110 in publishing the app (business license, google play license, recording microphone, etc) and I’m close to covering that. Soon I’ll actually have some spare change as profit. :wink:

I’m planning on releasing a series of apps in about two months. I am excited about that.

This result isn’t really bad, it’s quite good. As far as I read on different websites, there is a true market for kids-apps.

The fact, that parents don’t want to show their kids advertisement will lead them to get the paid version (i believe).

Really good start. Congrats.

Thats awesome, congrats!

Congratulations! Those are some great results for starting out, especially since there’s no “Just In” section so your results are from organic growth. Looks like you’ve certainly got a solid base to build on now, both revenue and users.

I’ll have to try out this app next time someone asks me about educational apps for children :slight_smile: