Looking for feedback on my apps.

Hi, this site has some great tips for marketing and making money with android. I would love to hear what people here think of my apps.

Party Light

Market Link for Party Light

DagazEhwas - Brick Basher

Market Link

Otto’s Toy Chest

Market Link

Glow Live Wallpaper
Market Link

Hmm, I just tried DagazEhwas on my Galaxy S II running ICS 4.0.3, and it crashed just after the story was introduced (before I could actually play the game). On consecutive launches, I see the splash screen but then it just goes black, and FC’s.

I sent an error report, hopefully this is an easily sorted issue with ICS somewhere. Because I’m looking forward to playing it :slight_smile:

I had a problem with running out of vm heap memory on earlier versions when switching from the story to the game and loading/scaling the game graphics. But I thought I had fixed it in the latest version, do you have an older version somehow? What is the screen resolution on the galaxy sII? Do you happen to know how much vm heap memory it gives applications?

I couldn’t find your error report, either the developer console is behind or I’m just missing it. I looked at the only crash error for the latest version and think I have fixed that problem. I’ve uploaded a new version to the android market. Could you please try it again? Thanks much!

It seems I did get an old version. When I checked last night there was an update available. But even after installing that, it still crashes.

I’ve got no idea what the VM heap size is on the GSII, but I sent the error report again, so hopefully you get it this time. I also attached a short message to identify it as my submission.

I found your error report, thanks much! The error has me stumped though.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Window type can not be changed after the window is added.
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1331)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1281)
at android.view.IWindowSession$Stub$Proxy.relayout(IWindowSession.java:634)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.relayoutWindow(ViewRootImpl.java:3772)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:1287)
at android.view.ViewRootImpl.handleMessage(ViewRootImpl.java:2552)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4507)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:557)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

I could not find any info on this error searching google. I tried running the app on a 4.0 emulator and I don’t have the error. I’m thinking it may be from calling layout.requestLayout() after I add the ad-mob ad view. But I don’t know why or what to do about it.

With David’s help I’ve found out that the error was comming from my main activity’s onCreateMethod where I was calling:
requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);
and
this.getWindow().setFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN,WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_FULLSCREEN);
Somehow it was getting called after the setContentView, I’m not sure how, I had those lines before the setContentView. I suspect my activities onCreate may have been getting called twice.

I’ve uploaded the update to the Play store. Thanks for you help David :smiley:

You’re welcome - glad you managed to sort out the issue! I’ve never heard of onCreate() being called twice, but it’s something I’ll have to keep in mind if anything like this pops up in future.

onCreate() gets called a BUNCH of times if you decide to handle things like rotates/etc yourself.

Ah yes, didn’t think of that! I’d better re-read how that works again…